Last decade's 11 greatest players

.Mob

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Matt - even though I love Lancs, Mark Chilton is nothing short of gaining the description of utter rubbish. Get Crofty in there! :cool:

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
Sanath Jayasuriya
Sachin Tendulkar
Saeed Anwar
Ricky Ponting
Brian Lara
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Adam Gilchrist
Wasim Akram
Glen McGrath
Murlitharan
Waqar Younis

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Sachin Tendulkar
Ricky Ponting
Rahul Dravid
Wasim Akram
Shane Warne
Glenn McGrath
Brian Lara
Sanath Jayasuriya
Inzamam-ul-Haq/Dinesh Karthik(:p)
Muralitharan
Anil Kumble

Have England produced any GREAT GREATS in the last decade at all?
Apart from KP maybe. Fred's a "meh" atm.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
well shoaib akthar started in 1997.. he should be there,.. must..

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My Aussie Best XI because doing a World XI will take to long

Warne
McGrath
Ponting
S.Waugh
M.Waugh
Taylor
Hayden
Martyn
McDermott
Gillespie
Gilchrist

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
well shoaib akthar started in 1997.. he should be there,.. must..

if Shoaib deserves to have a spot ahead of Wasim,Waqar,McGrath,Walsh,Ambrose,Pollock and even Vaas, than i have been following the wrong cricket.

Animator!

School Cricketer
Freddie should be in there. Barring a series of injuries he'd still be playing for England. Alot of people have mentioned how he hasn't performed recently, he hasn't played consistantly, and when he has come back, he's actually bowled fantastically. His batting has lost a lot of it's market value I agree, but that's mainly because he took on the burdon of becoming our foremost pace bowler at certain stages.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
if Shoaib deserves to have a spot ahead of Wasim,Waqar,McGrath,Walsh,Ambrose,Pollock and even Vaas, than i have been following the wrong cricket.

well I?m saying that some of these players left cricket in 2003.. that means since 1997/2007 (shoaib whole international career) which is really good, and deserves to be in last decades 11 best. Wasim Waqar would be there if it was last 2/3 decades best. You cannot forget his great bowling that has been winning us games and series for long.

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
Ricky Ponting
Brian Lara
Sachin Tendulkar
Matthew Hayden
Rahul Dravid
Jacques Kallis
Wasim Akram
Shane Warne
Glenn McGrath
Muttiah Muralitharan
Curtly Ambrose

I honestly dunno how Jayasuriya is getting into people's XI, lol. Plenty of players who outclass him.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Mine will be,

1) S.Tendulkar
2) M.Hayden
3) B.Lara
4) J.Kallis
5) S. Waugh
6) G. Thorpe
7) M.Bevan
8) Murali
9) Warne
10) C.Walsh
11) McGrath
12) W.Akram

Plenty of players there though like S.Anwar, Inzy, Dravid, Jumbo, Astle, Cairns, Goughy and so on :)

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
You gotta have Ambrose or Walsh or both. I'd go for Ambrose and Lara from WI.

Tendulkar and Kumble from India. Waqar and Wasim from Pakistan. Warne, S.Waugh and McGrath from Australia.

Thats 9. Add Murali, Pollock and Donald, that will make it 12.

khan31

International Coach
I apologise for the lengthy post that will follow this message.

We need to think about who helped develop cricket and help cricket reach its current state. People like Afridi have started the trend of big hitting (since his first couple of games in which he mad the fastest century) and Jaiyasiria. Bowlers like mcgrath,waqar,wasim,walsh,pollock, have shown how devistating fast bowlers can be. They have teared through batting lineups with shear pace,pinpoint accuracy and deadly swing.

People like Lara,tendulka,mohammad yousuf,dravid,ponting have shown us how consistently brilliant middle order batsmen can be. Players such as collingwood,rhodes and gibbs have shown us what damage good fielding can do, eg restricing high run rates,clinching vital wickets through good catches and tight run outs.

Allrounders such as mcmillan,symonds,kallis,flintoff have created a demand for allrounders. They almost always do well with either bat or ball and when they do both they are deadly.

Warne,murali and kumble have displayed the art of skill and decption involved in spin bowling . These are the sort of players that need to be recognised as the Players of the decade. You can't summarise a decade of talent into a list of 10. You need to have a list of at least 20 to show us all who really were the pioneers of cricket.

I acknowledge the fact that I may have missed out big names in my shortlists but they were just the ones I could come up with off the top of my head. Please don't criticise my post on that basis.

Thank you for reading my lengthy post.

Last edited:

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
In no particular order;

Tendulkar
Lara
Ponting
Dravid
Kallis
Flintoff