Story Lions on the Shirt. It's just not the Lions you were thinking off!! **FRIDAY'S OD MATCH UPDATED!!!**

how do you just give away 3 months membership? :eek:

Very good win for your side in the OD game. I was close with my guess, Tailor was the second highest scorer and he faced more balls then Ingham who scored more runs! :(

hehe, I back Hollis and he gets a duck!

Methinks I'll back you to win your next match and cause you to lose :p

Keep it up Tom.

BTW Garry doesn't play BT...give me the prize Tom...:banana2

Livingston Lions vs molyvos: Cup

After Friday's solid win against C&D in the One Day competition, morale going into Sunday's Cup clash against molyvos was high. This was the starting XI named by Tom Baker:

Livingston Lions XI vs molyvos: Cup

1. P. Jitendrasinhji
2. N. Morne
3. C. Conelly
4. D. Hollis +
5. M. Lee *
6. P. Mcbean
7. L. Mosheau (B5)
8. F. Tenius (B2)
9. M. Cawood (B1)
10. P. Vineetha (B3)
11. N. Goodhead (B4)​

With only 3 1XI players involved, it gave a chance for some of the younger guys like Nick Morne, and reserves like Nelson Goodhead, a game. Martin Lee was captain for the day, but lost the toss and was put in to bat. It was a bit overcast, so the ball was expected to swing around a bit. This might account for the fact why Nick Morne fell for only 15 when he edged behind. Conelly and Jitendrasinhji then built a solid partnership to get the Lions past the 100 mark before Jitendrasinhji then fell for 40. 1XI stars Dougie Hollis and Martin Lee then played a gressive knocks whilst Conelly hit a superb century to get Lions up to 343/4 off their 50 overs.

Conelly and Hollis knocks were superb too watch with good strike-rates which really helped the Lions to this superb score.

Conelly was in good form with the bat and played a very mature innings
i251920225_18905_7.jpg

a-7.jpg

b-6.jpg

The Lions players were pretty confident now that victory was their's. Manager Tom Baker was even seen lounging on the pavillion balcony with a Bulmers in one hand and a cigar in the other, showing how confident he was!

His confidence proved to be well placed when Cawood ripped through the top order to leave them 3/3 at one stage. Wilberforce and Fabian staged a minor recovery, but Matty Cawood was on fire to take career best figures of 6/20 and contribute in molyvos being bowled out for 44 off 13.5 overs. A superb performance by the Lions reserves and they cruise into the fourth round of the cup with relative ease.

Matty Cawood was on fire, returning figures of 6/20. Here Lever is clean bowled by Cawood
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

C-5.jpg

d-2.jpg

Transfer News

On Saturday evening the Lions made an announcement which left all Lions fans over the moon. They had found their new middle order batsman.

z.jpg

Steve Rigby joins the Lions from MK Sharks CC for 1.25 million. "Steve is an attacking player who has a large amount of experience and we are very pleased to welcome him to the club. I'm sure that he will have a huge impact and play many a good knock for the club," manager Tom Baker said. It is expected that Steve will bat at 5 in the FC games and 6 in OD giving the Lions a lot more depth down the batting order, with Lee at 7 and Burns at 8 able to hold a bat.

Not so good news for the Lions

The fourth round of the Cup was drawn on Sunday and it transpired that the Lions have been against Ulf CC who are currently ranked fourth in South Africa. As Tom Baker said, "...if we win this I will streak through Cape Town naked with a picture of Avroneel on my back saying I want his babies!" I think we can be safely confident this isn't going to happen.

In slightly better news, Carlton Manders made his International debut on Sunday vs England Under 19s. He didn't take any wickets but bowled well with the new ball, keeping it very tight although he did struggle when bowling at the death. Still it was a great experience for him and is the first Lions player to ever play at an International standard, so it was a historic moment.

-----------------------

Quiz Time!!!!!

I'm not going to reveal this week's prize till after it has finished. Here is the question....

How many runs will the Livingston Lions score in total in the 3 20/20 matches this week?

A) Below 150
B) 150-199
C) 200-249
D) 250-299
E) 300-349
F) 350-399
G) 400-449
H) 450-499
I) 500-549
J) 550-599
K) 600 plus

Good luck :happy

I paid mbenyon to throw the game, I'll be waiting for you in CT.

Hmmm, I'll go for K.

Big win there. Always good to see your youths and reserves step up. Your new middle order batsmen looks alright too.

As Tom Baker said, "...if we win this I will streak through Cape Town naked with a picture of Avroneel on my back saying I want his babies!" I think we can be safely confident this isn't going to happen.

hahaha.

I'll go option G

Great stuff mate, kiu!

You got a good keeper, standing up to your opening bowler. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread