Lower Display Configs for Best Performance

Hitterman

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I just tested my Demo version on4-5 PC and in some PC's I found that the game was not running because of the higher resolution. I decreased the resolution, set the screen mode to Windowed and then surprisingly the game was working.

I hope this will work for full version game too. Please make a backup of the file "display.opt" which is currently there in the folder on your PC.

I am attaching the Display config files with lowest configuration.

Simply Copy the file "display.opt" to ~~My Documents\MyGames\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009\

Attachments

• displayconfig.zip
    458 bytes · Views: 790

Mackdaddy Suave

School Cricketer
I am at work, so I can't try this, but I am very interested in the windowed mode option (for msn/internet purposes). I don't remember seeing it in the graphics options.

Is display.opt just a text file? If so, what do you put in to get it windowed? I tried creating a shortcut to enable windowing (-windowed or similar after the path). But this didn't work. Is it because my resolution is set too high?

Hitterman

International Coach
Is display.opt just a text file? If so, what do you put in to get it windowed? I tried creating a shortcut to enable windowing (-windowed or similar after the path). But this didn't work. Is it because my resolution is set too high?
No mate, you are doing it in a wrong way. For windowed mode, You have to just open the .opt file in WordPad and after the "Fullscreen = x", you can change the value of X as per your requirements.

If Value of x is 0,
That means Fullscreen mode is off and hence it will run the game in windowed mode. Hence, if you'll change the resolution in Windowed mode, the game screen will be in a changed size instead of Stretching.

And if you want to turn on the fullscreen mode again, change the value of x to 1. That means Fullscreen mode is on.

I hope this will help you.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The biggest performance change for me came by turning off the crowd.. Yeah it's not great, but it gave such a huge improvement

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
The crowd are indeed the biggest FPS sappers in the game. Without them I can run everything at 1440x900 (the size of my monitor) on full. Very frustrating. The problem with turning the crowd off is you lose the sound as well and whilst the sounds may not be the best, I'd rather have them.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
I wouldn't exactly say that it's surprising, higher resolution is always going to slow down a game.

Hitterman

International Coach
I have to disable crowd to play the game in full speed otherwise timing the ball is difficult.:doh

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I found playing on Windows 7 to be a lot smoother than Vista. That was with my Antivirus disabled though so will try that again on Vista.

iZeeshan

Club Cricketer
IS there anyway to make the window bigger?

I like how it runs so fast, but currently the window is just a little too small!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I found playing on Windows 7 to be a lot smoother than Vista. That was with my Antivirus disabled though so will try that again on Vista.

And I found Win 7 a whole lot smoother than XP - with Anti virus enabled! In fact, it was twice as smooth - 60fps as opposed to 30fps in XP. Go figure...

I would like to be able to get rid of the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen. I'm running a widescreen resolution on a widescreen monitor, so why is that happening?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I had that in the demo but it disappeared, can't remember what I did.

And I disabled my antivirus and the game ran a lot more smoother in Vista.

indian_dude

School Cricketer
Hi guys.I am unalble to run the game in win7 RTM.
My sys
C2D 2.66ghz
2gbram
8600gt 512mb.
When i start the game i get the first screen then the sound plays on the first vid and thats it.Black screen.

vinny187666

School Cricketer
no good for me, slow as a wet week even in the menus, on both vista and win7

sandy50

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i m playing in pretty good resolution but the crowds r not appearing though in settings it is turned on pls: help!! :noway

Users who are viewing this thread