Major League Cricket - USA T20 League - Let The Music Play!!

Who are you supporting?

• Total voters
This stadium has a more 'New Zealand' feel to it with its looks. The look of the pitch is deceptive, coz we are seeing 175 being chased down with huge ease (expected to be done in the 19th over)! Way more pleasant in terms of temperature than Texas (15 degree Fahrenheit difference as of today, 82F at Morrisville NC and 99F at Grand Prairie Texas).

Love both these stadiums. Man, I am excited and hopeful that MLC will happen a lot in coming years and hopefully more stadiums crop up all over USA. :D
That is exactly what I told my wife. Has more New Zealand vibes to it. The weather definitely is good compared to Texas.

MLC is going to be here for a long time, I already see people talking about how going to US and making money is a better option compared to playing in the Blast. I see Glenn Maxwell coming in here next.

TKR and the whole franchise of KR are so bad. They really need some good talent scouting process like MI and CSK franchise have if they intent to get involved with more and more franchise leagues.

1689941677292.png

Seattle have been a true underdog, have some great players but were not as hyped up as Unicorns or Freedoms with Smith video and have played good smart cricket. I met few people here in Morrisville after todays match and people LOVE it. The general feedback I was able to get is very clear that hope this continues, hope we get to see USA cricket rise, hope we see more superstars and hope thala comes here once supporting the TSK side.

I would be interested to see what would happen when its truly home and away as USA is a big country and traveling across states will be tedious. If I was the organizer with 19 overall matches including the finals or 18 without the finals, I would host 3 matches matches in a row at a stadium. This way each team gets 1 home game, all the fans from across USA get to see 3 matches and all the superstars taking part and its a win win.

Also hope they continue to have matches this cheap. If they get greedy, a lot of them will turn away.

Seattle have been a true underdog, have some great players but were not as hyped up as Unicorns or Freedoms with Smith video and have played good smart cricket. I met few people here in Morrisville after todays match and people LOVE it. The general feedback I was able to get is very clear that hope this continues, hope we get to see USA cricket rise, hope we see more superstars and hope thala comes here once supporting the TSK side.

I would be interested to see what would happen when its truly home and away as USA is a big country and traveling across states will be tedious. If I was the organizer with 19 overall matches including the finals or 18 without the finals, I would host 3 matches matches in a row at a stadium. This way each team gets 1 home game, all the fans from across USA get to see 3 matches and all the superstars taking part and its a win win.

Also hope they continue to have matches this cheap. If they get greedy, a lot of them will turn away.

Other US sports do a series of games in the same locale before moving on to the other one if I’m right. This may sound a bit counter intuitive but I believe the best way to solve the geographical problem for the moment is to have a few centres where each edition of the tournament takes place for the next few years akin to the WC being held in different countries each time… except in this case we have different states. That way you can get a dedicated following in each state and also have the freedom to expand in places that are worthwhile. You don’t necessarily need the entire country or a large number of regions to adopt the sport for it to form a viable national side as shown by other countries… the trick is to transition into expansion later on instead of just maintaining that status quo because it is cost effective and the easy thing to do.

Other US sports do a series of games in the same locale before moving on to the other one if I’m right. This may sound a bit counter intuitive but I believe the best way to solve the geographical problem for the moment is to have a few centres where each edition of the tournament takes place for the next few years akin to the WC being held in different countries each time… except in this case we have different states. That way you can get a dedicated following in each state and also have the freedom to expand in places that are worthwhile. You don’t necessarily need the entire country or a large number of regions to adopt the sport for it to form a viable national side as shown by other countries… the trick is to transition into expansion later on instead of just maintaining that status quo because it is cost effective and the easy thing to do.
I am thinking that New York will be the next closest in terms of getting a stadium. With the WC they have a temporary stadium being built with it getting permanent shortly thereafter. Oh btw fun fact, that stadium would be close to the current pitches being used and right next to a cemetery holding the graves of enslaved Africans.. spooky!

1689991468214.png

Netravalker putting in an incredible performance today for the Freedom which helped them get over the line against the Unicorns. This gives Washington its third win and its near guarantee of playing in the playoffs back in Grand Prairie while San Francisco moves to 2-2 and now has to deal with a high stakes game with TSK with the loser of that game likely missing out on the post season should MINY win one of their remaining two games.

IMG_0855.jpeg

She knew it was gona wash out.. not supporting England anymore

I cannot imagine the Texas heat, todays heat is already frying me.

Helped the organizers setting up some tents earlier on, scored 3 free tshirts for MINY, TSK and LAKR

Users who are viewing this thread