Mar 16 - Australia vs Canada

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I am quite disappointed with Ponting's recent form :facepalm More than disappointed, I feel for him and thats why sad. He is my favourite batsman. And I believe that He is the best batsman around the world. But I wonder what has happened to his batting with the last year or so. Such a class and wonderful player.

I am hoping that he will bounce back soon. Lets see how he plays against Pakistan. Though I want Pakistan to win the match.

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
Canadians and Kenyans have proved it that Australian seam bowling attack can be whacked out of the park if batsman concentrate on the ball till the last moment, whatever the speed may be. :rolleyes

Come on Misbah, ABD, Kallis, Sachin, Sehvag, Dilshan, Jayawardena, Ross, Ryder, McCullum... :cheers

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Tait has a fantastic speed. But his line has been quite deviating which I have noticed. If he keep bowling wicket to wicket, he can be extremely dangerous because Pace is the biggest weapon.

offdriven4

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Did anyone else notice that when Surkari got hit in the "unmentionables",whilst many of the australians went to check if the lad was ok,smith walked over and started mucking about with the lads bat? was i the only one who thought that was a *little* irritating?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Canadians and Kenyans have proved it that Australian seam bowling attack can be whacked out of the park if batsman concentrate on the ball till the last moment, whatever the speed may be.

You didn't need them to tell you that, I could have told you that these guys can be whacked on any given day. Everyone knew we were taking a high risk strategy with 3 express quicks.

Our openers seem to be backing up their crap match (Zimbabwe/Kenya) with a good one next up. Just the bowlers which are still iffy.

midgetwars

Club Captain
No body mentioned Watson again?? Missed out on 100 again...

Foxsports exploded ponting's dummy spit. For once, it's good for ponting to show emotion.

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
Ponting is not happy with Kreiza and Smith yet, they haven't proved it their skills on Indian pitches so far.
Sub-continent countries will be eager to whack these two bowlers at par. :rolleyes

War

Chairman of Selectors
Haa @ all the knee-jerk negative responses to AUS performance. People just begging to see AUS lose i tell ya ha..

Owzat

International Coach
The aussies are the only unbeaten side, and for their supposedly lacking bowling attack both Johnson (9 wkts @ 16.67) and Tait (10 wkts @ 17.50) aren't doing too badly with Lee (8 wkts @ 20.25) having a relative nightmare.

Of course they didn't complete one match, had Sri Lanka 146/3 after 32.5 overs so were doing terribly. That said, I can't say I've ever rated Smith and not sure what Hauritz has done so wrong that he is seemingly frozen out in favour of spinners who've done about as much as Yardy!

It's very "English" of people to talk up aussie weaknesses, but then they are the team to beat and have been for a few World Cups now.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hauritz is injured else I'm sure he would have been here. Doherty was the man we should have punted on to replace him rather than Krejza.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I think it was a better performance than versus Kenya. Canada found someone with a bit in him, but to either lambaste Australia or applaud Canada for that player's effort is overly simplistic. I still think the bowlers were better against SL and NZ, but they came back and bowled Canada out. They also seemed a little more on their pace. The batting at the top was much closer to what is expected.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
As I mentioned at the start of the Kenya game, we can't gain too much out of this as the matches against the big teams are what count.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I think it was a better performance than versus Kenya. Canada found someone with a bit in him, but to either lambaste Australia or applaud Canada for that player's effort is overly simplistic. I still think the bowlers were better against SL and NZ, but they came back and bowled Canada out. They also seemed a little more on their pace. The batting at the top was much closer to what is expected.

If you take out the first 6 or 7 overs, then the Aussie bowling was quite good really. It was just a bit of arrogance in those first few overs, expecting raw pace to do it against a poor team. Still have to bowl straight though - way too much width on offer in those first few overs, and full credit to Patel who hit the gaps really well. Was a good wakeup call.

Again I'm not happy with Haddin's batting - the quality of, not the quantity of runs... He mishit HEAPS of shots (Watson did yesterday as well at the start). His constant backing away to leg is going to get found out and his lack of strike rotation is not good either.

The Australian camp is talking about the openers batting for a long time if they can and I'm beginning to wonder if Haddin is really 'that guy'. The partnership has worked so far in this tournament, but Haddin always seems to have to force shots (probably because he's hopeless at ticking the board over), and I can't see how a guy who is always forcing shots is going to consistently offer you long innings at the top against the better teams.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Haa @ all the knee-jerk negative responses to AUS performance. People just begging to see AUS lose i tell ya ha..

for once I agee with you.

when anyone has been picking favourites for this WC australia are always overlooked because no one really wants to contemplate that despite "the decline" they might still win the world cup.

anything less than the semi's would be below par for them and outside india, south africa or sri lanka I can't see anyone beating them, and even that lot would have to be playing at the top of their game.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
In my eyes, Aussies are favourites to win the WC. Forget about their performance and decline as it appears to be.

Users who are viewing this thread