MattW Downloads - Channel Nine Overlay

sarkazm

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi MattW. Love all these logos you've created.
Is there any chance of you posting a quick tut (if quick possible) on how to create the logos?

I understand it's about finding an appropriate quality existing logo, but what do you need to do to get to the dds file stage to put in game?

If not possible, all good. Just thought I'd ask and keep up the fantastic work!

Cheers.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Here's how I do it -

Start off by making a logo at 256x256 - but leaving some space around the borders
Untitled-1.png
So here's my green rectangle team logo!

I then chuck it through a tool that Win posted earlier, using the 'metal' preset - it gives it a nice drop shadow and a bit of a filter - which I think makes most logos look really nice and come up well in game.

Then, I start with the 'clubicons-mirrored-lg' one -

clubicons-mirrored-large-template.png
Template for you - just make the logo fit inside that black square, and optionally you could do the mirrored effect below it by flipping the logo and fading it - but I didn't bother.

Then, export that as a PNG keeping the transparancy, and then scale it horizontally to make it 190 pixels wide, and then make the canvas taller anchored at the top - to make it 240 pixels high (you're adding 19 pixels to the bottom after the scaling). This makes the clubicons-mirrored logo, export that out to PNG.

Then you'll want to make the ui logos - which involves placing the logo twice on the template below - the top bit is the scorebox logo - you'll need to have the logo to the left of the line and about as side as the box below, and then have the logo inside the lower box so that it all fits.

template.png
Export again to PNG as the 'ui-hud' logo.

Then, you want to go back to your original 256x256 logo, scale that down to 80x80 and export that to make your 'clubicons-small' logo. Returing to the original 256x256 image (if you used that program to put the effects on, I suggest using the plain image here), flip the logo vertically so that it is upside down and export - that's your kit-emblem logo.

Finally, make an 84x25 canvas and bring the logo into it and find a positioning that makes it look good - export that as your clubicons-cropped.

Now that you've made all these logos - put them all into one folder and get a DDS Converter (I use this one) and convert all the logos to the dds format. I find the RGBA setting works well for logos - but DXT3 may make it crash less.

Then you'll be left with a bunch of dds files - which need to be put into the appropriate game folders and then renamed to the filename of the logo you're going to use - I've attached the default logos in png format as 'logos.7z' - extract that somewhere and find the filename of the one you want to replace.

Then place the relevant files in their folders and rename them to the name of the logo you are replacing - so for example if you wanted to replace the Australian flag logo, all of them become 'f_austr.dds'
clubicons-mirrored-lg -> My Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\ui\textures\clubicons_mirrored_lg
clubicons-mirrored -> My Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\ui\textures\clubicons_mirrored
clubicons-small -> My Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\ui\textures\clubicons_small
clubicons-cropped -> My Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\ui\textures\clubicons_cropped
ui-hud -> My Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\ui\hud\logos
kit-emblem -> My Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\characters\emblems

Then start the game and make sure the logo is set to the right one for the team in the academy. Some image editing programs might let you export a DDS straight away - but as all of the files need to be the same name, I find it easier to work with the PNGs.

Hope that makes sense.

Attachments

• logos.7z
    1.1 MB · Views: 138

sarkazm

Club Captain
Hi MattW and a huge thanks!
I'm not looking to recreate all the logos/emblems as I use yours in-game and they are exceptional quality.
I know we're waiting for BigAnt and what they may or may not do as far as what changes could happen to support or make modding a bit simpler, but I'm keen on giving modding a go, and DB14 is worth it.
What I'm undertaking is creating a 1992 world cup mod - which I'm about 3/4's the way through and was looking at putting in the emblem for shirts that all the teams had. That's my final hurdle along with how to create 5 colours for the shirts! Thankfully I got my head around how the alpha channel works for the 4th colour. Still one colour short though.
Not sure how I'll do the emblem though as I noticed the shirt emblem is linked to the hat one. Might have to do one for each of the 9 countries to make it work.
Haven't thought of the png for files as I've been using the dds plugin in photoshop to create the things I've been doing. Will take your advice and give it a go.
Anyway, cheers and thank you again.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I only do the PNG way as I don't use Photoshop - there's no benefit to doing it my way in that regard if the plugin works for you.

As for 5 colours, unless you could make the colour as a mix of other ones, like having a semi transparent blue and yellow layer to make a green, I can't see a way of doing it. I've not tried anything much kit wise, I'm waiting and hoping for editable huds/scorecards so I can do TV overlays like I did for Cricket 07.

sarkazm

Club Captain
Cheers MattW.
Success! Followed your process and worked beautifully. Just have to tidy up where logo/s sit on the template so it looks even when displayed in game but all good otherwise.
One thing though, it would be nice if the hat emblem was separate to the shirt emblem. The 92 WC kits had the comp logo on all nations shirts as opposed to the countries emblem. Work with what we've got I guess.
Thank you for all of your assistance, greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

Sourabh007

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
hey Mattw yor are awesome man. Thanks for this type of mod that you made .

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
thanks for these matt! they are great,

how do i install these exactly though ? where do i place the gedosato folder ? and the

related files also?

thanks so much

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
thanks for explaining all that,

yeah my pc is struggling to run the game a bit as it is. so i might give it a miss now,

thanks for the heads up!

brilliant work

WiLSoNN

Club Captain
Hey MattW ! Fantabulous Work !!!!!

Also Please Give all stadiums ad sponsors files with their original filenames .... i want to replace them with custom sponsors , like u did for pak-aus.

Like MultiMetric,Mosair,loop,diazo bank, etc... everything.

can u Share them here? please ?

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Fabulous job mate. Especially on the pitch ad- that was really starting to annoy me.

All looks very clear and profession. Thanks man :)

frediskin

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
fantastic stuff Matt, i just dont know how to install them properly

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Hey MattW, how do you install the graphic mod onto the game ?
All of the downloads should have a readme text file included that should explain it. It's all a matter of putting the right files in the right folders, and in some cases, doing some assignment in the in game Academy.

The two mods I did that used an external tool to edit some currently unedited things is explained over here - MattW Downloads - Pak vs Aus series graphics | Page 6 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Downloads on PlanetCricket Forums - probably not worth the effort.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
It's been a while since my last release - so here's some logos
U8JaIhl.jpg

I'm about 90% sure I got all the teams right, I'm not familiar with them. I downloaded chandrakif's teams - about half of them need logos swapped over.

Download is attached, see included readme file for installation instructions!

Attachments

• ranji-logos.7z
    2.2 MB · Views: 260

Users who are viewing this thread