Most satisfying wicket

jonah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm sure we've all taken wickets in c2k5 where the cpu mistimes a lofted on or off drive and is caught at mid on or mid off, which is all well and good, but in all honesty doesn't make you feel like you've earned the wicket. So my question is, and this is to all you guys who bowl 'realistically' (ie line and length, occasional short/full deliveries), or bowl to a plan, what's the most satisfying wicket you've taken?
Mine was definately yesterday. After taking a whipping at Lords in my 1st Test match (Eng (me) v Aus (cpu)), I started the 2nd Test at Edgbaston. Aus won the toss on a hard wicket and elected to bat, and Langer and Hayden proceeded to drive anything on a length or too full, and cut anything too short outside off, and raced to 30/0 off just 5 overs. Things had to change, so I moved my mid off to square leg, and moved my deep backward sq leg fielder (Hoggard) to deep fine leg, and bowled with Harmison an over of short stuff, aimed at the body.
1st ball was pulled by Langer for 4. Undeterred, Harmy whacked another in short, which caught Langer on the body and winded him. 3rd ball, another short one, and Langer, softened up by the previous ball, attempted another pull, top edging it high, high, down to Hoggard at deep fine leg. Out.
It was one of those wickets which made me shout 'Yes! Got yer, you b*****d!!' And it looked so realistic too.
Trouble is, Ponting came out and has raced to 99 off just 80 odd balls!! D'oh! Can't get the bugger out no matter what I try :rolleyes: .

Wally Hammond

School Cricketer
I only got the game 2 days ago so i'll have to say my first wicket.

I am playing a full county season with Northants, my first match is a totesport game against Worcestershire, anyway i lost the toss and was ask to bowl first.

To cut a long story short, the 3rd ball my first over a send down a shortish slower ball which the opening batsman tries to sq cut but only manages to chop the ball on to his stumps. :cool:

Bloody fantastic this never happen in Ck2004.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Yes Jonah, i have used that tatic to remove batsmen, and its very satisfying. I've also seen the cpu try to paddle the ball down on the backfoot and nicked it to slip. I have also had cpu batsmen caught at leg gully aswell. :)

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
Two I really enjoyed.

1. In a trial match when I was getting used to the game, Harmison was dropping the ball short to a mid-order batsman from the USA (yeah I know, I know). After ducking 2 in a row, the guy fends off a "throat ball". Off the glove and caught at gully. I was quite impressed with that one.

2. This one is as much captaincy satisfaction as a bowling one. 1st test vs South Africa last night. S.A batting on a normal wicket and are 27 / 1 when Kallis joins Smith at the crease. After about 20 more overs, S.A.are 95 / 1 with Kallis on 48. No chances whatsoever. I set some defensive fields and the seamer's run in for another 7 overs. S.A. now 98 / 1 thanks to a no ball and 2 byes.
Now I make a change. The field comes in a bit and Collingwood comes on. 1st ball a gentle in-swinger. Kallis' eyes light up. Straight drive. Bowled.
I loved the frustration building up from the batsman. That was the frist (and last) false shot he played in the innings. Methinks he'll get his revenge 2nd time around.

cc2003btw

Club Cricketer
My favourite was Glos V Kent.

I had jon lewis firing them down just outside off-stump, and eventually, Key nicked it. Then Geraint Jones came out, and i fired it down the same line, off cutter. It jumped back in late, and took the middle stump out. Fantastic!

jonah

International Coach
Nice one fellas, keep 'em coming :cool: .

ScobieB

Club Cricketer
Im having real trouble bowling anyone straight in a test match. Can manage it in a ODI but in a test all of my wickets are bowled and caught.

wifler

Club Cricketer
Im coming to the end of my test series against SA. This was the 1st test match I attempted in C2005, and in the first match of the series I got bowled out for under 100 (I was poo then) and then SA went into bat. I kept it tight and smith scored nothing off the 1st over, then 2nd over of the match and with the last ball, seemingly out of nowhere I bowl a great line at gibbs and he defends, but edges it, and SA are 0/1 :D They went on to score 420 mind.....

My recent most satisfying one again V SA in the final test, I was stuck, SA had reached 150/3 or something and Giles was keeping it well tight. I was probing rudolph and dippenar and eventually Rudolph adavanced and tried to smash one, missed it and it spun into the stumps. he made a nifty 40 odd. I was well happy with that one :D

S_Harmison

International Cricketer
Mine has to be, off all the wickets ive taken in this game, one in my current story, England Vs Australia at Lords, After bowling about 14 overs with my opening Partnership of Harmison and Hoggard i desiced to change Hoggy for Jones, it took him an over to warm up then after getting a few to nip away against Hayden one seamed back in, Hayden played straight to it and it uprooted his middle stump and sent it cartwheeling back past Geraint Jones.

Also, in the same match, Adam Gilchrist was in againt Harmison, bowling over the wicket to the left hander, swinging them away, Australi are in trouble at the time, 100 odd for 6, he is leaving all of them, so i keep the same line and swing one in, Gilchrist leaves it and it hits him plum in the middle of middle stump, classic LBW! Gilchrist - 0 - LBW. S Harmison.

Warwickshire

Club Cricketer
Mine was a Twenty20 match between Warwickshire(me) v Worcestershire. I had gone for 78 off the first 8 overs and i bought on Dougie Brown after 4 deliveries of the over i bowled a slower ball yorker and the batsmen didn't even see it. My favourite!

jonah

International Coach
Lol, some nice sounding wickets there :) .

Harmy, what patch you using, as like Scobie I can't bowl the cpu in Tests for love nor money.

Sarwanfan

School Cricketer
Well mine is i'm facing Pakistan with the Windies right the first over off the whole series is going to be bowled by fidel Edwards yea Shahid Afridi facing the first bowl on an overcast Barbados St.George picth .Edwards bowls a back of a length ball Afridi leaves it and all of a sudden the ball nips back and sends the middle stump cartwheeling past Marquelle Small-Oni ( my created player of my lil 8 month year old brother ) I was jumping with joy by the way i bowled them out for 158 ( inzi makes 50 easy mode that's what is was playing on as it was my first test match ) Thats mine

JamesyJames3

International Coach
I am basically finding every single wicket i take satisfying. This is simply because I am not using any of the cheap tactics we know to get wickets. I am just varying it up. Different balls, different lines and lengths. I find this makes the game more realistic. ie- searching for the perfect spot to bowl. If I had to say my favourite wicket I would say bowling Nick Knight out with a slower ball. and know b4 u ask it was not pitched just by the umpires head so he definately misses it! It was a good length and hit the top of off stump!

Users who are viewing this thread