Mozilla Firefox vs Google Chrome?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
How many of you dont like the fact that Firefox's new update makes it almost a clone of Google Chrome?

I for one, don't like it at all. Firefox had its own beauty with its red/gold UI look and with its top-left menu system, the tab look, etc. Now with its current new update, it has gone for rounded corners to the tabs (much like Chrome), pushed the menu into a three-lined button to the very end of the right of the address bar (again much like Chrome, etc).

Is it that important that Firefox try to emulate Chrome in everything? I have never enjoyed Chrome (more so its looks) and I wish Firefox stuck to its own unique guns. Firefox is far better and more reliable than Chrome.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Don't know the main motive behind the creation of this thread, but if it is intended to be a comparison thread, I would say that according to me Chrome beats Firefox by a huge margin.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Don't know the main motive of behind the creation of this thread, but if it is intended to be a comparison thread, I would say that according to me Chrome beats Firefox by a huge margin.

There is no motive for the creation of this thread. I just got updated to the new Firefox version which makes it look almost a clone of Chrome. So I just wanted to discuss it somewhere.

This thread can also be used to discuss each browser, comparisons, whatever! Personally, I love Firefox over Chrome. Chrome has been highly unstable for me, wherever I have used it (whichever PC, mobile device, etc).

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Firefox all the way, been using it since 2007. No other browsers convince me. When IE latest versions were coming out, always felt they are trying to mimic Firefox.

About latest update, am yet to update it. Probably will delay it as I am not a fan of chrome either( though hardly used it ).

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Firefox all the way, been using it since 2007. No other browsers convince me. When IE latest versions were coming out, always felt they are trying to mimic Firefox.

About latest update, am yet to update it. Probably will delay it as I am not a fan of chrome either( though hardly used it ).

IE? Well recently MS themselves have asked people not to use IE (due to its security bug). Wonder how much lower can IE get down to. At my workplace, people just frown upon IE so much and there is unanimous hate for IE that has grown big these days.

I didnt do any manual update for my Firefox. It automatically updated itself (which I didn't like). I wish it didn't do it. But anyways, I always like to use the most recent version of any software, so I am trying to live with this new Firefox look.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
IE? Well recently MS themselves have asked people not to use IE (due to its security bug). Wonder how much lower can IE get down to. At my workplace, people just frown upon IE so much and there is unanimous hate for IE that has grown big these days.

I didnt do any manual update for my Firefox. It automatically updated itself (which I didn't like). I wish it didn't do it. But anyways, I always like to use the most recent version of any software, so I am trying to live with this new Firefox look.

Yeah, but IE lower versions are still being used in my workplace as recommended browser for some compatibilities of our applications.

Also since I am not in my admin account, it(FF) won't update for me until I wish to update it. :) We have the settings under tools menu I guess. Probably can see and tell you.

Jine

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Firefox . I doesn't uses chrome or explorer. Firefox works better for me.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
I don't give a lot of attention to how a browser looks. As long as it doesn't change drastically in terms of UX, I don't mind the UI changes. I've been using FF since the beginning and one of the major reasons I love it is because of the brilliant developer add-ons that FF supports. So I'm good at the moment.

Aswin8

Chairman of Selectors
I always like firefox.It has better support for addons,mods,scripts.

Siddhant007

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
firefox-29.1-700x438.jpg
Here How Firefox Look Now
But I personally use Chrome
Read Here http://thenextdigit.com/6325/mozilla-updates-firefox-29-0-1-bug-fixes-new-features/

Users who are viewing this thread