My Batting Advice

wildfire

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I am not sure why people are making the Batting out to be as hard as it is some of you must be doing a lot wrong no offense, I got my first 50, 51 the other night in an OD game in my Career sure I was only playing shots on the leg side but once you get the timing down on this game Batting becomes pretty straight forward especially against pace bowlers, my batting avg in all formats is only getting better in Career now and most of the time when I go out now it's from trying to be aggressive using L2 and getting caught.

I could be wrong but I think the more xp you get for playing certain shots makes things easier too as you progress in Career mode. the only problem I seem to have is blocking against Spinners I cant seem to get bat onto ball against them at least when blocking my timing is totally messed up there. :noway I am always playing on Broadcast Camera view too with inverted batting, This game also really needs a minimap so you can see where the fielders are badly lol.

fundj112

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Play it,the more practice you done the more you can play perfectly,for example in spin bowling I used to get you every time so I went to practice mode and played for half an hour and ya I find the solution,every time I used to play the shot before the ball pitch on the ground and the result is out,so in spin bowling play the shot after the ball pitched on the ground and it will diffidently connect to the bat.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Yeap , the biggest problem with spin bowling is playing WAAAAYYY too early. One really has to wait and wait before committing to the shot .

BagoZA

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
So last night I put some thought into the batting and started a new career.

Biggest thing for me is, know where the fielders are, you can get away with hitting a ball in the air if you play it into a gap. I get what people are saying about the fielders being superhuman, a few chip shots that should have fallen in no mans land got caught by a fielder racing in from the boundary, but really, its not that bad, I haven't been run out once, yes the fielders throwing down the stumps are annoying, but you have full control over the running, so really, there is no reason to get run out.

I also tried to partially pull the defense trigger, it works, the batsmen still plays a defensive shot but the ball travels further, some quick singles to be had if there are no close in fielders.

Footwork, its not just a case of going forward or backwards, you need to consider the line, planting your foot straight down the wicket to a ball that is well outside off is not a good idea, playing away from your body will more often than not get you out caught behind, much like real life... same with a dead straight ball, you need to place the feet so you get the pad out the way, else you need to play around your pad and will probably get out LBW more often than not, again, very much like real life.

Again, much like in real life, you need to identify areas and shots that your are comfortable and good at, score of those, defend the rest.

Keeping this in mind, I've managed to go from scoring a run every now and then to getting some runs fairly often.

Its a steep learning curve but its oh so rewarding.

And as somebody that play club cricket, as a opening batsmen, I can say that IMO batting in the game is spot on, it might be hard, but anything less and it just wouldn't do the sport justice.

joejoe018

Associate Cricketer
Another tip don't play cut shots against spinners the keeper catches you 75percent of the time because he is close

Killer Nads

Club Cricketer
Thanks for all the tips, i seem to be doing everything mentioned here. However, most of the tips here are for longer matches when you can spare a few dot balls. This is not the case with shorter T10,20 over matches. Which is quite often what we play mostly.

I find it too easy to bat on Amateur difficulty, but finding it too difficult to get boundaries in Pro level. A six is impossible, no matter if the batsmen is on 0 or 30. Always seem to get caught.

CallyT

School Cricketer
I think Nads the issue is that when talking T20 or limited overs, there is always a risk associated with that mode of the game. Because you need to push the score you have to risk shots that you probably wouldn't play in the longer form of the game.

It is very hard to go over a fielder for six who is on the boundary. It seems better if you have to, to go over a fielder in the circle. For me its about knowing where I may be able to hit boundary's in limited overs and then going for it if I get the right ball.

BagoZA

Club Cricketer
So far the batting has gone like this for me, day 1 of playing the game, more ducks than runs, day 2, less ducks but almost never double figures, day 3 could get to 15 - 20 but then got out, then day 4 (yesterday) I sat down for a short stint, played only one innings and scored 56 in a FC game.

I think People should just give themselves time with the batting, once you figure it out, its very enjoyable and VERY rewarding.

jan52

Associate Cricketer
From videos I have seen many camera angles for batting. I would find it difficult in playing game from behind batsman camera view . What is the other best camera. From videos i didn't like the broadcast view.

Killer Nads

Club Cricketer
So far the batting has gone like this for me, day 1 of playing the game, more ducks than runs, day 2, less ducks but almost never double figures, day 3 could get to 15 - 20 but then got out, then day 4 (yesterday) I sat down for a short stint, played only one innings and scored 56 in a FC game.

I think People should just give themselves time with the batting, once you figure it out, its very enjoyable and VERY rewarding.

I had a similar experience playing on Pro level. Im playing the World T20 Cup but in T10 format with Pakistan. Finally managed to win a match yesterday on pro and that too 2 back to back matches against Australia and Canada (who somehow qualified for the cup over Bangladesh and others).

To be honest the Australia match was a walk in the park, however the Canada match went down to the last over and can't believe that i was about to loose :)

After that i thought i had now mastered the batting on Pro, but got a walloping in next match where i was again back to being around 50 all out.

I dont bat with any indicators and use the broadcast view. Sometimes the fielders just appear out of nowhere which is why i get pissed off with Big Ant Studios for not having given us a Field Radar, its a piss poor design decision as the fielders are unseeable when looking around and change far too often also!

I might just stop playing the game until Big Ant do something about fixing this issue at least for single player. :facepalm

For 2 player local, its not a problem as the bowling player will just press UP on Dpad to show me what the field setting is after each field change, and i will show him the same also when he's batting so that its a fair match. But can't believe we are having to do this cause of a major over sight by the designers.:mad

wildfire

School Cricketer
Yup the game not having a Field Radar is the reason I'd give it a 8.5 out of 10 instead of a 9.5 out of 10 rating...

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Thanks for sharing. Hope to use these advices this weekend. Fingers crossed.

BagoZA

Club Cricketer
having to premeditate on pro mode... is there a way to judge the length? ( i use the broadcast camera)

The indicator around the ball shows you length, Yellow = Full, Green = Good and Red = short

Users who are viewing this thread