New Zealand Domestic Season

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
GUess who's back. I know you guys missed me.

I was banned by the way (admin abuse)

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
i'm still not sure they'll be able to afford players of that class though.

I can't imagine Northern Districts would have too many problems getting players like Pollard and Warner for a few games each, they've got a ton of wealthy sponsers, they always have.

Howsie added 4 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

if mumbai paid over 2 million US for pollard to play a whole season, how much will he charge to play a few games.

yes, in t20's. :yes

Yeah but your've got to remember that most of the IPL teams grossly over pay players. He's played for Sommerset and South Australia over the past year and they wouldn't be paying him anywhere near that much.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
GUess who's back. I know you guys missed me.

I was banned by the way (admin abuse)

Welcome back mate. :)

CG123 added 1 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

Without all our Blackcaps, we're looking worse and worse by the day.
Over the last two years we've lost five players, now one player is due to move here but he backs down to go overseas.
(By we I mean Auckland)

I'm just hoping Adams comes back.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Yeah but your've got to remember that most of the IPL teams grossly over pay players. He's played for Sommerset and South Australia over the past year and they wouldn't be paying him anywhere near that much.

the other point is that the HRV cup will probably clash with the big bash, so unless if one finishes just as the other starts; pollard would'nt want to play for a nz domestic side when his chances to get into and then do well in the CLT20 are much better with a aussie domestic side.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
the other point is that the HRV cup will probably clash with the big bash, so unless if one finishes just as the other starts; pollard would'nt want to play for a nz domestic side when his chances to get into and then do well in the CLT20 are much better with a aussie domestic side.

It wont clash though. New Zealand cricket have moved the HRV cup forward to December while the Big Bash is still being held in Janurary.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Lol, not one of our 12 contracted players has any INT experience... :facepalm

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Another thing with ND having 4 international players is that if they go to the Champion's League then they will have a higher proportion of decent players because the Indians surely can't steal all the big names.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
i'm actually all for overseas players, because I'll be going to Auckland matches sad to see that ND are getting all these overseas players though, most probably i'll get to see them play once.

Kieron Pollard playing at the Collin Maiden Oval.... there will be alot of lost balls in the trees on the other side of the park.

Crew of Black

Club Cricketer
Another thing with ND having 4 international players is that if they go to the Champion's League then they will have a higher proportion of decent players because the Indians surely can't steal all the big names.

I wouldn't bet against it

Ari

International Cricketer
Looks like Brett Lee might be coming to Wellington for the T20.

Crew of Black

Club Cricketer
That would not only be a good thing for Wellington, but for NZ Cricket in general. it will give the up and coming players a good chance to test themselves against a good international fast bowler outside of Shane Bond.

irottev

School Cricketer
He's in negotiations with Canterbury too. I hope we get him :p

Oh and Myburgh's a big disappointment. He woulda walked into the Black Caps. Only had 1 year left. :(

Users who are viewing this thread