Newbie Mafia 3: Sport Star Mafia - Endgame (mafia win)

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Very well played Dr Pepper. Actually i got the hint of him being the Mafia as he was trying to force us to believe Haarithan's one

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
A quick mention for poor Abhas who I gave the quote post addition to as a bit of fun :p
He had to include a famous-ish quote from someone in his day post in order to get to use his night role ? la Joey Barton :D
Being evil can be fun...

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Out of interest what do people think about locking then the thread at night? Good? Bad?
I think it sometimes hinders the activity and interpretation as by the time you're able to comment on a death and post your thoughts it's morning and there's (usually) been another one. On that basis I suppose that it helps the mafia. Interesting that the last two games where that rule has been enforced the mafia have won.

I've also attached the night roles summary.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-11-15 at 23.07.48.png
    Screen shot 2011-11-15 at 23.07.48.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 23

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It was blatently obvious Ben was mafia, but I did have Jack pegged as mafia as well. Mani played a good game.

Now let's get back to the real stuff...

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Tbh you're just hating on McCaw because he's a better player than anyone in England or Scotland. :p

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
A more experienced town would probably have picked up on his claim and put the brakes on. Also I don't think the write-ups were too cryptic and they all contained character clues that would have been useful later on.
It's a newbie game though and always easy to be wise from the sidelines and after the event.

----------

Tbh you're just hating on McCaw because he's a better player than anyone in England or Scotland. :p

He was probably the least scummy of all the characters hence fun to make him mafia.
To be honest I'm starting to develop more of an interest in rugby league ;)

6ry4nj

International Coach
I have no idea why Haari was lynched. I thought Themer and Pepper were far more suspicious at that time. Unlike AP. Imagine posting your delayed defence, then posting a post to say that was your defence, and still not claiming, one vote from hammer and with a power role.

Regarding locking the thread at night, it does advantage the mafia of course, but I couldn't say how much. Certainly not as much as a (two-man!) framer does... A framer makes cops useless. Now forever more, mafia have one more excuse when they come up scum when investigated. Utterly stupid and wrong! Mods will be having to include a rule saying 'there are no framers'.

Also, I suspect there will now be a backlash against millers...:D

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, presence of the framer does heavily advantage the mafias.

As for the closing of the thread during night phase - that is absolutely the right way to go. Hardly advantages the mafia and makes the game 100% fair.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
A framer makes cops useless. Now forever more, mafia have one more excuse when they come up scum when investigated. Utterly stupid and wrong! Mods will be having to include a rule saying 'there are no framers'.

The framer actually had no effect on this game so I don't see how you can say that. Also there are write-ups hints about the role.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Well, it was a good enough experience for me. Thanks Colin and Aditya. Thanks to all other members too who helped me seeing I was the only newbie :p Thanks for entertaining a nob like me who knew nothing :facepalm

Will try and participate more in newbie mafias at mafiascum and will try and be back here participating in future :) It was nice and once again well played Dr Pepper :thumbs

Manly

Thor
Well, it was a good enough experience for me. Thanks Colin and Aditya. Thanks to all other members too who helped me seeing I was the only newbie :p Thanks for entertaining a nob like me who knew nothing :facepalm

Will try and participate more in newbie mafias at mafiascum and will try and be back here participating in future :) It was nice and once again well played Dr Pepper :thumbs

Haha

Users who are viewing this thread