Newbie Question: Can patches be uninstalled?

newbie22

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi everybody :)

I am new to this forum. I haven't installed any patch yet, though they sound delightful - so I would love to try some. My question is - if I install a patch, but later decide to go back to the original game, can the patch be removed? Or will I have to reinstall the whole game again? Also, does the same hold true for the graphics patches - for example, the channel 9 overlays, etc?

Sorry for making a new thread - I tried searching but did not find anything on this topic.

Another thing I want to get off my chest while I am at it - bowling in Cricket 2004 is so boring. I mostly play the medium level, but every time I try bowling I get hit for 25+ runs an over. :eek: I have read different suggestions regarding this in the forums, but nothing works for me - so I just autoplay the bowling part. This is not a question, just my ranting. :onpc

Thanks for your help. :spy

voldemort

International Coach
nice question but dissapointingly the answer is no. however if you want to install the orginal game. then just copy the .gob file from the CD and place it in the cricket 2004 dirctory.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
before making any changes to the game like kits, graphics, etc, be sure to make a backup of the original umodified gob file.. if you want to replace the original AI patch, you can use Config editor and export the original AI patch before importing the new patch wherever u download it from.

newbie22

School Cricketer
Thanks for your replies guys. So from what I gather, I should do the following:

1. Take a backup of the original .gob file.
2. Install the new patch.
3. If I want to go back to the original game, I merely replace the modified .gob file with the original .gob (from CD/backup).

Is this right? I mean, is the .gob the only file that patches modify? Or are there other ones that I should backup as well? Eg. bats, etc.

If you want to replace the original AI patch, you can use Config editor and export the original AI patch before importing the new patch wherever u download it from.
I do not understand this statement. I guess I will have to install the Config editor and play around with it a little before it gets through my thick skull.

Sorry for bugging you guys, but I am new at this and want to make sure I am doing it right before I install the wonderful patches you guys have made.

Ste

Executive member
saisrini80 said:
.. if you want to replace the original AI patch, you can use Config editor and export the original AI patch before importing the new patch wherever u download it from.

You can use the config editor before you install any AI patch to export the original values in a file to back them up using the Export AI Patch button. This makes it easier than restoring a backup gob file if anything goes wrong with the AI patches as you can just import the file you exported into the Config Editor.

newbie22 said:
Is this right? I mean, is the .gob the only file that patches modify? Or are there other ones that I should backup as well? Eg. bats, etc.

The only thing I can think of thats not in the gob file are bats, these are stored in the Cricket 2004\Data\Bats folder.

Some patches e.g. TV graphics patches or menu logos put new files in this folder but they are mainly totally new files and are not used unless something is added to the gob. Therefore a backup of the gob will be fine for them.

newbie22

School Cricketer
Thank you ste, I will do as you suggest. And now I understand the exporting AI using Config editor part. Off I go to try out the patches!!

jimbob

Club Cricketer
copy ur original .gob file and keep a back up so if you dnt like any patches u use u can replace it wit the original file

Users who are viewing this thread