Tennis Official Wimbledon 2010 Thread

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Apart from a bathroom break they did play for 8 hours straight. There is no way I could imagine how tiring that must be; Isner was out on his feet last night thankfully his serve is so good he just kept himself in there.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I think they got rest when the shift of ball boys and officials ended and new one had to take field. :laugh

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Well Isner won that match against Mahut. In the next round this happened:

Page last updated at 12:31 GMT, Friday, 25 June 2010 13:31 UK

Wimbledon 2010: John Isner thrashed by Thiemo De Bakker

John Isner seemed to struggle with the after-effects of his epic victory over Nicolas Mahut as he lost in straight sets to Thiemo de Bakker at Wimbledon.

The American 23rd seed looked exhausted from his first-round win against Mahut - the longest match in tennis history - and fell 6-0 6-3 6-2 in 74 minutes.

De Bakker outclassed his opponent from start to finish, although Isner did require treatment for a neck problem.

He was due to play doubles later on Friday but withdrew with a toe injury.

"I was just so exhausted," said Isner, who He failed to send down a single ace in the whole match, compared with 112 against Mahut. "I felt a bit drained and didn't have much in my legs and shoulder. It stinks to lose in the second round.

BBC Sport - Tennis - Wimbledon 2010: John Isner thrashed by Thiemo De Bakker

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Federer is out. Defeated by an excellent Berdych, who also made the semi-finals of the French Open this year. It was an excellent match, Berdych was just too powerful for Federer.

Anybody else thing Berdych looks like Daniel Agger a little bit?

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
I only really watch tennis when it's Wimbledon so forgive me for being ignorant. What's happened to Federer? He struggled in the matches he won then lost to Berdych. I thought he's meant to be the best.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
He is getting on and he can't keep up his immaculate record forever. He is still the best or second best player, behind Nadal, in the world, he just had a tough tournament.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Djokovic is under pump from Bedrych and everything seems to go right for him. Ball hits his racket and jumps over net even if he is falling down.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'm going to have a dilemma if Murray gets through. I've really enjoyed watching Berdych, so I think routing for a 5 setter is the best thing.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Is it still called Henman Hill?

Users who are viewing this thread