Pace or Swing?

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Lol, have you guys seen Lee, Akthar etc on a bad day? They get carted around the park. A ball that does nothing at 150kmph is thE easiest to hit, just let the pace work for you.

Give me swing any day.

Harishan

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
A bit off-topic but, a prime example of swing and pace at it's best would easily be Waqar Younis for mine. (apart from the latter stage of his career.)

From what i've read about him the things he was able to produce with both the new ball and old ball were spectacular. Think its safe to say that he was almost the complete pace bowler, had a deadly bouncer, swung the ball at a great peace, had reverse swing and had a toe crushing yorker. Even when he bowled full tosses batsman would still find themselves cluelessly falling over themselves trying to avoid the darting swinging ball. a truly great paceman he was, would've loved to watch him charging in to bowl.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Pace is as essentially required as swing. Fair perception to say Swing is a wicket killer but pace is a human killer. Although on occasions we've seen players who possessed either of the abilities have worked charm with them. Praveen Kumar for example, Keeps the pace low but his swinging ability is too good. He's accurate and puts where the ball has to nip brilliantly, and his late full swingers are bloody awesome at times as well. Shaun Tait does it with Pace. Whatever maybe the medium, their line and length would serve more than needed.

An ideal combination of pace and swing is at the moment, Dale steyn. Enough said. But there are bowlers like Kallis who don't depend much on either of, pace or swing. Deception is their key.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
The new "Aditya & Yudi" in making :P

DHONISINGH! i want your autograph!

Last edited:

sivaprasad183

School Cricketer
I think both are important to have in a bowler, but if I'd have to choose one, I would choose pace because high pace can generate swing but a high swing cannot generate pace.

:yes
what u quote is true.. pace can create swing... and its preferred over swing bowling....

Users who are viewing this thread