Pakistan Tour of Australia 2009/10

P

pcfan123

For anyone who missed it

Zw2G0.jpg

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Just watched the end of the Pakistan bowling innings, and man Australia bowled well. Johnson came back brilliantly after being spanked for 20 off his first over, to only concede 4 runs in his 3 overs after that is brilliant. Steve Smith bowled really well also, was landing the ball nicely, getting a little bit of turn and bounce, looks a good prospect. Star of the show was obviously Shaun Tait though, WAG. I've mentioned a few times how I love watching him bowl, and today he proved why. Best spell of genuine express bowling I've seen for a long, long time. Is he going to play any part in the ODi series against the West Indies that's coming up?

P

pcfan123

Lol Tait cant bowl more than 2 overs in a row. Even in his 2nd over he starts to lose a bit of pace and get more wayward. No way could he bowl 10 overs at effective pace and remain uninjured/threatening

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yes Watson bowled the last over and Australia won, however he bowled to two tailenders. It was actually a pretty average last over. He bowled length thoughout the over and got away with it due to Asif and Ajmal being so terrible. He was just lucky Akmal mucked the shot up first ball because it was there to be hit. He's a pretty big hitter so bowling length to him was a bad idea. Nannes bowled a great over before that though.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Taits slower ball is around 130ish. He only bowled 3 of those i think. thats the speed of Indian strike bowler.

TumTum

International Cricketer
Lol Tait cant bowl more than 2 overs in a row. Even in his 2nd over he starts to lose a bit of pace and get more wayward. No way could he bowl 10 overs at effective pace and remain uninjured/threatening

LOL you can see on his 4th ball, physically he totally cracked. Tried to get it back up but only up to 156kph.

'Fresh' Tait sets sights on Akhtar's record | Cricket News | Australia v Pakistan 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

I think he could break it, only if he didn't crack on his 4th ball, I was expecting him to break it.

P

pcfan123

He will deffo break it, but I don't think he would make a good ODI bowler. No way can he keep up that intensity and accuracy (last night he was unusally accurate and not spraying) for 10 overs.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
I hope he doesnt break Akhtars record. Thats the only fame poor guys got, and i hope he keeps it. Unless some 1 can chucks a 165, i wont mind. But if they gonna do it, and do it only by .1 k faster, then screw you, just DONT DO IT.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
LOL you can see on his 4th ball, physically he totally cracked. Tried to get it back up but only up to 156kph.

'Fresh' Tait sets sights on Akhtar's record | Cricket News | Australia v Pakistan 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

I think he could break it, only if he didn't crack on his 4th ball, I was expecting him to break it.

Says this after numerous injuries because of trying to bowl too fast and after he him self said that pace isn't everything. He will never be a good bowler or a complete bowler.

TumTum

International Cricketer
Says this after numerous injuries because of trying to bowl too fast and after he him self said that pace isn't everything. He will never be a good bowler or a complete bowler.

At least he will keep us undefeated at home T20 games :laugh

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Pretty harsh. He's already a good bowler, he proved that last night. He'll never be a great bowler, but he's certainly a good bowler. I'd like to see how he'd cope with bowling 10 overs in an ODi, he managed a full 10 for South Australia the other day, so he's capable of bowling 10 overs, just a matter of how you'd use him. Could get 3 overs with the new ball, and then use him in 2 over spells purely as a strike bowler after that. I think he'd be handy to have in the ODi side, especially if you've got bowlers like Hopes and Clarke that can fill in a couple of overs if Tait goes for a few runs. Get him in the side, everyone loves seeing a genuinely fast bowler, there's no more exciting discipline in the game AFAIC. I think he could definitely do a job, would be a good way to buck the modern trend of teams primarily looking to contain for 50 overs instead of take wickets.

TumTum

International Cricketer
He knows he is no where near being selected for the ODI or Test team. So he is trying to make a name for himself.

And good on him, if I were him, I would do the same. No point just wondering around at domestic level achieving nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread