International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Argh... I think the first day is going to be whitewashed.. I really think Australia and New Zealand are too weak to take Pakistan on... I hope Aus comes back strong so Pakistan have someone tough to face. After all, we (the viewers) always want some good action.:D

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
He's done so much for us and still there are people looking for excuses to bash him :facepalm

I am not among those looking for excuse to bash anyone. I think you can remember my history that I have all the praise for Misbah's success and his achievements. He has done great services and we need something like him but what is there is there and always was there and we shouldn't be scared to discuss it and accept openly. We can have a logical argument on what I said but there is no way there is any intentional bashing. Doing so much doesn't hide the cricketing weaknesses as no one is perfect and we are talking about cricket here and cricketing mindset. He has his own approach and it has worked for Pakistan so far. What I said is the certain aspect that how his approach sometimes makes the team suffer.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I am not among those looking for excuse to bash anyone. I think you can remember my history that I have all the praise for Misbah's success and his achievements. He has done great services and we need something like him but what is there is there and always was there and we shouldn't be scared to discuss it and accept openly. We can have a logical argument on what I said but there is no way there is any intentional bashing. Doing so much doesn't hide the cricketing weaknesses as no one is perfect and we are talking about cricket here and cricketing mindset. He has his own approach and it has worked for Pakistan so far. What I said is the certain aspect that how his approach sometimes makes the team suffer.
No doubt it made us suffer in ODIs, but in Tests it is a perfect approach for our team. The only attacking bowler we have is Yasir, and he doesn't have conditions suited to him very often. So we're kinda forced to use this.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wow. The debutant Granhomme picks up 3 wickets before lunch. Awesome stuff before lunch. The key here is to get Misbah out. At this stage, he is the most valuable wicket.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Pakistan struggling at 88/5. I am not surprise but I think Ali and Sami started really well. I was hoping to see one of them fighting out the conditions which to be honest are complete bowling friendly. Younis Khan apart from 218 against England in England and 121 & 51 against West Indies hasnt done anything special. He and Misbah are the core in the middle order, he needs to take more responsibility.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Ross Taylor has to go. He is so out of form. He is no longer special what he used to be. He needs to go back into the domestic perform prove and then comoe

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
This isn't a surprize as out of form players and debutants virtually click against us and then become legends. Phil Simmions a part time bowler took 6 wickets when we have batsmen like Sohail, Miandad and Inzamam back in 1993. I saw the first hour of the match and believe you me when i saw that debutant bowler is here, Shoaib Akhtar's statement came up to my mind that those players who should be thrashed for sixes click against us. Similar story happened today. Even if Shoaib hasn't said that, I have seen this trend since childhood. I can name some players here who clicked against Pakistan and now serving as great bowlers who are not that capable, but I should rather avoid. [DOUBLEPOST=1479447629][/DOUBLEPOST]
No doubt it made us suffer in ODIs, but in Tests it is a perfect approach for our team. The only attacking bowler we have is Yasir, and he doesn't have conditions suited to him very often. So we're kinda forced to use this.

All agreed, having said that I just pointed out Misbah's mentality. It has nothing to do with what he has served for us

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Sharjeel would've probably hit de Grandhomme out of the attack.
We need an excellent performance to win or even draw.

Users who are viewing this thread