Patch 1.05 Now Available on PS4

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Can you guys eliminate the extremely late and sudden shot played by the batsmen when you bowl during online? I can wait (let says game pauses for 1 second) an extra second just when the bowl is released instead of seeing a sudden and late shot played by the batsmen , any idea how to make online bowling smooth?

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have been testing the game in test matches over the last few days.

Still no edges of drives/cuts or defense shots. I get out bowled/LBW/ Runout or glove to keeper/ close fielders and the odd catch in the circle.
I tried medium batting with ball speed 65/70 on legend and nothing I tried slogging it. I hit Ali for 6 sixes on legend with no edges.

PS Ashes starts tomorrow so I will give the game a rest for a while as playing test cricket while you bat is not fun any more. Will wait for the next patch and hope this area is fixed to the level of BDC17.:(

The rest of the game rocks so please don't think I don't love the game it's just feels not right.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have been testing the game in test matches over the last few days.

Still no edges of drives/cuts or defense shots. I get out bowled/LBW/ Runout or glove to keeper/ close fielders and the odd catch in the circle.
I tried medium batting with ball speed 65/70 on legend and nothing I tried slogging it. I hit Ali for 6 sixes on legend with no edges.

PS Ashes starts tomorrow so I will give the game a rest for a while as playing test cricket while you bat is not fun any more. Will wait for the next patch and hope this area is fixed to the level of BDC17.:(

The rest of the game rocks so please don't think I don't love the game it's just feels not right.

What difficulty? What conditions? What controls?

This just doesn't match my experience at all.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors

Hard pitch/ grassy on medium batting, ball marker on/ legend AI with sliders up to 65/70 on pace. I have tried harder batting difficulties I just miss more. Batting controls classic as I am used to the sticks. I'm not sure what's going on as I am not making this up. Plus other members are also seeing these results. I bet all it needs is a tweak but I understand that it's a risk to unbalance the game. PS Just going to wait.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hard pitch/ grassy on medium batting, ball marker on/ legend AI with sliders up to 65/70 on pace. I have tried harder batting difficulties I just miss more. Batting controls classic as I am used to the sticks. I'm not sure what's going on as I am not making this up. Plus other members are also seeing these results. I bet all it needs is a tweak but I understand that it's a risk to unbalance the game. PS Just going to wait.
any cracks?

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Both no cracks/ cracks. Rain overcast. Hot and cold. I have tried but something wrong.

I am not saying I want edges going everywhere as it could make the game real hard but near DBC 17 would be great. I want to see a edge go to third man for 4 and for the AI to put extra slips in but at the moment they are useless against me. Still it's not the end of the world as the will be future patches.[DOUBLEPOST=1511335497][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can you tweak that up to hard batting and see, I would guess medium is a tad too easy.

I have tried this I just miss the ball more. The late timing and late miss needs a tweak in my opinion.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Had high score problems too but have been banned from bug reporting so cant post it anyone plz report this bug

jonah

International Coach

Me neither, I played a 3 day game on medium and got edges (hard pitch, light cracks) and started a Test on hard (grassy/light cracks) and got edges in both.
My worry is a patch is released that increases edges and they'll be too commonplace.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Me neither, I played a 3 day game on medium and got edges (hard pitch, light cracks) and started a Test on hard (grassy/light cracks) and got edges in both.
My worry is a patch is released that increases edges and they'll be too commonplace.

Yes I said that but on hard/ hardiest and say Legend you should be edging a lot. If you miss time a straight bowl in Ashes you get bowled/LBW a lot so same for edges.

PS What kind of edges are you having, drives/ cuts and defense shots. I have had few edges off some shots but nothing on the three I said.

PS I also tried slogging with tailenders off Anderson who swings it a lot and nothing. Just the odd inside edge of a pull/ leg glance nothing of the three I said before.

I will just be patient and see what Bigant do in the future with patches.

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I wonder if the DBC logo issue has come back? I recall that some people experienced some strange batting phenomena after downloading logos in DBC 17. Do the guys getting loads of edges have a lot of Academy teams/players/etc?

@blockerdave - I think you were one of the many who suffered the logo/batting issue in DBC 17 and found a clean install helped a lot??

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I wonder if the DBC logo issue has come back? I recall that some people experienced some strange batting phenomena after downloading logos in DBC 17. Do the guys getting loads of edges have a lot of Academy teams/players/etc?

@blockerdave - I think you were one of the many who suffered the logo/batting issue in DBC 17 and found a clean install helped a lot??

I don't get a lot, just some and I think legitimate to the conditions.

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I don't get a lot, just some and I think legitimate to the conditions.
most of the wickets I take are edges, and about half of the dismissals I get while batting are edges, usually off cover drives to wide balls or cut shots. Legend AI and hard batting

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Can you tweak that up to hard batting and see, I would guess medium is a tad too easy.

It matches my experience in all fairness in a variety of pitches like we have discussed. So it is a valid point. You know I don't like unnessesaary tweaks so I wouldn't flag it if wasn't a concern. I also know others aren't having this.
@79cricket

@blockerdave

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
most of the wickets I take are edges, and about half of the dismissals I get while batting are edges, usually off cover drives to wide balls or cut shots. Legend AI and hard batting

I don't get as many edges as id like bowling but nothing to give concern

Users who are viewing this thread