Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

DavidTheMan

School Cricketer
Camera View: This is the one thing in the game that I have the most trouble with.

Can you please include a view Behind the umpire that stays fixed on the batsmen. The current camera angles move and this makes it difficult to judge length and direction. The broadcast view is to far behind to judge the spin bowling and the far behind bowler swings and do not stay fixed.

Thanks for your consideration

Last edited:

Copernicus

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Not sure if it's easily patchable, but it'd be nice if the rest of your team weren't so useless in career mode. In an Australian season of one-dayers, the best score when I've got to the middle (coming in at no.7) has been 5/202, and in the rest of the matches, only once has the score been above 150.
In the Shield meanwhile, the team score has only twice been better than 250 at the 5th wicket, and over half of the innings have been 5-down for less than 200.

....Or is this just because I'm playing for the hated bluebaggers (NSW)? Other teams seem to have no trouble racking up massive totals every week....

Also, while we're at it, better situational awareness from the AI would be good. Like when there are 15 minutes of play left on the last day and 16 runs are needed for a rare victory, the AI should know not block out a maiden with a spread field.

Last edited:

superfreddie

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
One small thing bigant could incorporate in patch 3 without too much work is the option to change when you see the coloured marker to indicate pitch of the ball.
This would help people like me who cant decide front or back foot shot quickly enough. I can pick up the line early enough but if I had an indication earlier to decide foot placement earlier that would be great.

I think maybe 5 options of when it appears ranging from early ( before the ball leaves the hand) to late. This in turn would add smaller levels of batting difficulty within the normal 5 difficulties. After all our reactions are all different and this way we could tailor the difficulty to Our own skill.

I don't like the idea of slowing down the fast bowlers as this would ruin the realism of batting, I think that extra little help would make batting much more fun for a lot of us.

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
One other thing, injury animations. we've been told they're there, but rare. Well i've seen hundreds if instances of batsmen, non-strikers and even fielders being hit with the ball, and not seen any injury animation. If they're in there, dial them up to 11 please.

I agree. I would like there to be a 'ah, he hit me in the balls' animation, and some pretty young thing runs onto the pitch and gives 'em a good rub. Just thinking outloud.;)

Most of the above comments I would agree with.
Also, I would like to use the Pro cam. The reason I don't at the moment is the fact that when you are at the non strikers end, the head movements of my player gives me motion sickness. Please can we just have him look at the other batsman during the delivery?

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
1. Make the non-striker responsive to the incoming ball. The chair in the nets was annoying already. We can do away with another one on the field.

2. When a run in cancelled, sometimes the "ground bat" key doesn't take effect. Instead, the batsman lethargically walks to the crease and gets run out as a result upon direct hit.

3. I realize this has been discussed and the reasons explained for not having the defense shot to be played that easily, but perhaps have a shortcut key for it at least in the career mode? I feel this would help many in not premeditating shots and decide to play the ball on its merit. If something doesn't feel right, they can safely use the defense shot (shortcut key)

4. In career mode, remove the 5 second limit while viewing the field. I can understand that in online matches, but in single player modes let us have a look at the field to our satisfaction.

5. While batting in career mode, have the option to simulate being at the non-striker's end. It kinda gets boring pretty soon.

6. I've realized the game is smart enough to know when it's too late to take a wicket during chases (the commentator specifically mentions this upon a wicket fall). So maybe have the fielders not celebrate much? This is purely a visual aspect and can be given the least priority.

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
3. I realize this has been discussed and the reasons explained for not having the defense shot to be played that easily, but perhaps have a shortcut key for it at least in the career mode? I feel this would help many in not premeditating shots and decide to play the ball on its merit. If something doesn't feel right, they can safely use the defense shot (shortcut key)
Considering how often people do it accidentally, clicking down on the right analogue stick might be a good block button.

---

Wishlist for me -

Look around the field with RT for the bowler - I always like bowling to the field I've been set, so it would be nice to be easily able to pan around and see where the other fielders are.

Automatically simulate to career player, or at least make it so it can be queued - it's annoying having to watch the end of over and new bowler animations before it finally decides that the option is enabled.

Undo that change to the scorecard at the start of the match (on PC) - add weather popups in another way, or have the wait for the button press be a checkbox option.

Further to the above - a quick match option. Throw me straight into the first ball of a Five5 match - randomise the teams (or let me pick a favourite), do the toss for me, cut out all the loading - just let me play straight away.

Bowling in the nets.

More stats and graphs.

A double wicket cricket mode for the match type designer - would be particularly good online - let you set a penalty for losing a wicket.

Make the commentators say my name! I never want to hear me referred to as the generic 'The Bowler' - do whatever you have to do. A game finally included my last name and I never get to hear it.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Okay it's pointless having multiple posts saying the same thing so I'll try summarise everything that has been said:

Batting:

User Batting:
Non-Striker moves out the way when ball is hit towards him.
Be able to hit sixes with reverse sweeps and normal sweeps (Maybe use both buttons so L2 and L1 to activate a slog sweep?)
Able to hit advance shots on the ground
An emergency block (Right stick down?) in case you get into trouble
Be able to hit pulls and cuts on the ground and not always in front of square (or is that just me?)
Drives bounce off the pitch and go along the ground instead of being in the air which could result in a catch
Be able to have a timing display HUD to see how you are timing

AI Batting:
Must be able to read situation better and must be able to go for big shots at end of innings.
Must take more 2s and 3s.
At end of an innings have a higher risk and go for more risky runs and shots.
No more annoying glides over point and gully for 4 regardless of where you are bowling.

Bowling:

User Bowling:
More variety in edges and more edges against AI.
Be able to see your field with RT/R2

AI Bowling:
AI bowl more 'non-professional' deliveries like no-balls, wides, byes over keepers head, leg-spinners bowling more full tosses etc.
Bowl more outside off stump as generally must balls are on pads and not outside off like in real life

Both:
Ball carries better which would mean bouncers would be a bigger threat as you can get height.
More spin and seam to nerf straight drives and more realism.

Fielding:

User Fielding:
Be able to position your keeper (Maybe in field option there can be close, medium and far position for keeper?)
Fielder and keeper have a quicker reaction time to stump and run out batsmen

AI Fielding:-Most needed improvement!
Fielders's reaction time slows down.
Fielders don't walk after balls miles away from them.
Fielders movement and abilities are more consistent.
Fielders abilities hinder and have a larger effect on fielding.
Field placing must improve still (Although it has already immensely improved.)

Career mode:
Multiple stadiums (Just a thought, as in my career every team plays in Melbourne Oval despite me renaming teams).
Dynamic line-ups, injuries etc. (Possibly next iteration stuff?)
Add in more tournaments for international circuit (Again, maybe on next iteration.)
Other players stats are recorded from matches not involving your player (So if I am playing for Team 1, when Team 2 and 3 play eachother those stats must be kept and added to the players overall stats in career mode.
Be able to bowl before a match.
Be able to look at field for more then 5 secs.
Sim when you are at the non-strikers end.

Online:
*The following was just copied from Acid Burns post as I haven't played online*
Out clean bowled not given.
Nick caught behind , not given due to early appeal.
The Super Slow bouncer (Spinner) still shows as a "Green" marker sometimes , but when checking after the over , the ball pitched 9 meters in front of the batsmen.
Long Hop slow ball from spinners still almost bounces twice , and are marked green sometimes. (Either fix the ball or open up the batting timing meter)
Wide calls still sometimes arent correct . (Ball well within the line on the off side)
When looking for Online Matches in the Custom Games screen , the matches will still show only a Pro20 for anything under a Pro20 . Also no allowance has been made to see if "Normalise Skill" is selected , or any other info regarding the game your entering.
Cannot shine the Ball whilst batsmen looks around , so have to wait for him to finish , and then only can rub the ball.
Default selected bowler when match starts is still the highest rated bowler , even if it is a Spinner.
Bowler will still changes sides randomly , although much less than before.
We are still required to change the field placements for every bowler and batsmen , versus a one field for all scenario until the user selects otherwise.
After over completion , the balls bowled will still show up on impossible random positions on the pitch map.
No number on the above colours , so its a mind game to try and remember which colour represents which ball bowled.
Only the default umpires are officiating in online matches , regardless of what the user selected.
The animation where a correct LBW/Caught behind shout is given . This is a minor issue , but just takes the suspense out of it , when the batter already does his famous "turn and walk " sequence BEFORE the Umpire has given him out.
The Nicks for caught behinds , are sometimes not heard by the batsmen , and never vibrates on the controller , so its a lottery to review them as you yourself received no feedback whatsoever , but the Hotspot will show a huge edge.
After keeping a ball , the keeper will just sprint of into a random direction (This one is just funny!)
Ball will sometimes be hit , then nothing happens for a moment , and then the game will skip to the end result.
Bowler will start to run in from the "wrong side" (Over/Around the wicket) and then 3/4 of the way to the crease will suddenly be back on the correct side of the wicket and play continues. This only happens for that particular over
Still too much of a gap between fastest ball (158.8km/h) and the slowest (116km/h) . They can also be bowled at will , ball after ball without any penalty/fatigue to the bowler.
Length indicator should be displayed once it`s "locked in" at the delivery stride , enabling the batters a split second more to correct feet movement.
Fielders still warp to ground shots at the last second , versus normal motion . This cause lots of runout as you "think" youve nailed it past , only for the fielder to magically warp to the ball and effect a direct hit.
Whole fielding system should be looked at , as the fielders speeds/reactions are just "off" , sometimes being dumb running backwards , and sometimes covering huge unbelievable distances at no time.

Miscellaneous:

Replays:
Hot Spot being used more often in replays and via the interactive replay option.
At milestones/ end of a short format a highlights consisting of wickets and boundaries are showed as a highlight package.
Be able to save interactive replays

Team Selecting:
Be able to have a preview of someone's skill when selecting a line-up.
Be able to see one's basics like type of batting, bowling etc.
Be able to view conditions before selecting line up.

Gameplay:
Match conditions like pitch, weather has a bigger effect on the game.
Batting is nerfed as too many high scores are being produced.
A quick match option cutting out all unneeded visuals like toss, team selection etc. (Add teams to favourite option so you always have teams chosen from favourites.)
Be able to substitute your 12th man on to field if someone is tired or injured.
Sliders to be able to modify the game if console modding is not added. Sliders will be able to adjust the ability or performance of the following:
Timing window (easier or harder to hit with ideal timing)
bowler speeds
Shot power (of normal shots, keep the sixes and the aggressive ground shots the same)
Fielder/player speeds
fielder catching ability
fielder reaction ability
pitch movement

Different camera angles for running between wickets or better transition between cameras
PS3 lag fixed
Fix caught out glitch where players awkwardly stand around like AC13
Have the keeper pass the ball to slip/someone close and the fielder that received the ball shines it which would help online gameplay

Stats:
More of them.
Option to choose what stats are shown for different formats when players walk onto the ground to bat/bowl.
Have worm and manhattan and stuff like that come up during end of the chasing innings.

Commentary:
More use of players names.
Have more chants and cheers when there are milestones like 50s, 100s, getting best batsmen out etc.

Academy:
Be able to download and get consistant updates from a specific person in academy.
BE ABLE TO MAKE SOMEONE A KEEPER.

Match Types:
A double wicket cricket mode for the match type designer - would be particularly good online - let you set a penalty for losing a wicket. (Just copied what Matt said.)

Tours/Competitions:
Multiple stadiums.

Requests that will most likely be added in next iteration:

Console modding.
Cheerleaders.
I probably missed a lot of stuff so please tell me what I must add!

Last edited:

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Some good suggestions there markkkk I would like to see a players skills/type of bowler/batsman when selecting the line up, and the ability to see the pitch report before you pick your team(if the pitch conditions can be tweaked to make a difference). Obviously more stadiums, although that'll probably have to wait for a sequel rather than a patch.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Forgot a couple more:

7. Having the option to use hotspot and snicko on demand
8. A highlights package, at least for ODIs/T20s

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Updated the first post with @Markkkkk's post and a few other suggestions, also bolded the ones I personally feel are most important/likely to be implemented. And cheerleaders

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Nice points by @Markkkkk almost covered all the points for Patch#3...

Use of 12th man while fielding if a fielder is hurt while batting or because of too much fatigue...

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
7.More statistics on the fly, as far as i can see everything is there and registered by the game, just not shown out properly.This will make the game more immersive.

These could be shown on the non skippable scenes between overs and field changes. Or do away with the cut scenes altogether as they add nothing to the game. Definitely show more stats on the fly - most stuff is hidden in the menus.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Sliders for me.

if you want the game to still get played in 12 months then players need the options to modify it. if people here hadn't figured out how to rip cricket 07 apart no one would have kept modding it 7 years later. we can't do this on a console.

Sliders for

bowler speeds
Shot power (of normal shots, keep the sixes and the aggressive ground shots the same)
Fielder/player speeds
fielder catching ability
fielder reaction ability
pitch movement?

figure out why you get no edges bowling at the AI even when they play and miss 2000 times.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Sliders for me.

if you want the game to still get played in 12 months then players need the options to modify it. if people here hadn't figured out how to rip cricket 07 apart no one would have kept modding it 7 years later. we can't do this on a console.

Sliders for

bowler speeds
Fielder/player speeds
fielder catching ability
fielder reaction ability
pitch movement?

figure out why you get no edges bowling at the AI even when they play and miss 2000 times.

Added.

Forgot a couple more:

7. Having the option to use hotspot and snicko on demand
8. A highlights package, at least for ODIs/T20s

7. Already there.
8. Added.

Some good suggestions there markkkk I would like to see a players skills/type of bowler/batsman when selecting the line up, and the ability to see the pitch report before you pick your team(if the pitch conditions can be tweaked to make a difference). Obviously more stadiums, although that'll probably have to wait for a sequel rather than a patch.

Both added.

Use of 12th man while fielding if a fielder is hurt while batting or because of too much fatigue...

Added.

@Giggity Giggity if I was you I wouldn't highlight important features as all here is basically of level need (except gameplay but I'm sure that's @BigAntStudios main goal). Lets get the gameplay right and the add ons after ;)

Lionden

Club Captain
- Fix zombie fielders!!!.
- Fix clean bowled not given out.
- Lofted unorthodox shots!!! (At least powerful drive towards leg on knee)
- Addition of catching tutorial in the practice mode
- Fix spinners bowling dead ball (Short pitch plus nil power = dead ball)
- Fix medium pacers bowling extremely slow unplayable short deliveries
- Fix camera angles switch glitches!
- Online lag fix, no sound effects of bat hitting the ball. (it's not just me!)

Users who are viewing this thread