Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.08) & Xbox One (1.0.0.9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player attributes I know that we can modify , I was making sure if you referring to same or any modifiers.
I do change lot of player attributes like I lower the batting abilities by 10% and increase the bowling abilities by 10% to avoid regular 350+ scores in ODI , 450+ scores in Test , 180+ scores in t20s.
I do this for all domestic teams for all players
Do we need to adjust before the start of the game or in game ?

@Mohammed Sherry
Hi, are you able to play lofted shots straight down the ground. I am getting caught inside the circle even for good timing shots?
I was able to hit sixes at hard difficulty in T20. But lot of risk involved. But batting is simply superb after the new patch. If Ignore the nerfed shots.

Still continuing this, i must say - this is the first time i managed to hit only 3 sixes in entire inning of 254*.

Batting with tail and already 9 wickets down. Saved and exit for now, thoroughly enjoyed each and every delivery.

Batting with tail & coming down in lower order is really fun. My first innings finished with 259 NO with we managing to get few runs lead. Then came again to bat with target of 307 & it finished in last ball last wicket thriller. Conditions turned overcast post tea session and ball was swinging than I experienced in my first innings on same pitch. Ran out of partners, came down to 14 runs in last over of the match with 1 wicket remaining. Managed to hit the winning runs on the final ball of the match - thanks to the no ball bowled on final delivery that i managed to get a 4 allowing me to get that extra ball for one more winning run.

Batting is extremely enjoyable post patch.

Overcast conditions : those dark moving clouds in pro cam view while batting was treat to watch. When these lights come on, it looks even more great.

20180506_121611.jpg

Partnership with tail in my first innings :
20180506_113639.jpg

Final over : winning runs in last over of the match, won by one wicket!!

20180506_124921_001.jpg

Batting with tail & coming down in lower order is really fun. My first innings finished with 259 NO with we managing to get few runs lead. Then came again to bat with target of 307 & it finished in last ball last wicket thriller. Conditions turned overcast post tea session and ball was swinging than I experienced in my first innings on same pitch. Ran out of partners, came down to 14 runs in last over of the match with 1 wicket remaining. Managed to hit the winning runs on the final ball of the match - thanks to the no ball bowled on final delivery that i managed to get a 4 allowing me to get that extra ball for one more winning run.

Overcast conditions : those dark moving clouds in pro cam view while batting was treat to watch. When these lights come on, it looks even more great.

View attachment 209139

View attachment 209140

View attachment 209138

Very stylish batting in your floppy as well. :yes

I was able to hit sixes at hard difficulty in T20. But lot of risk involved. But batting is simply superb after the new patch. If Ignore the nerfed shots.
My lofted straight shots are getting caught inside circle even on good timing with set batsman. Not sure its because of my batsman overall skill 65. It would be good if they atleast cross infield on good timing.
I think shots towards fine leg are overpowered a bit compared to straight hits. If they now change overall lofted shots timing for limited overs then fine leg shots will become very easy.
If Only lofted straight or shots from cover drive to midwicket area shots are made 10% easier than current timing then game will be super awesome for limited overs.
Along with this prod shot and 3rd man shots also needs to be looked at.

Last edited:

View attachment 209139

View attachment 209140

View attachment 209138

Cracking game, I’d have to ask though, surely it’s too easy for you??

Cracking game, I’d have to ask though, surely it’s too easy for you??

I wouldnt say too easy but its comfortable, its exactly how I like to bat. I used to enjoy DBC14 the same way.

Especially, before this patch - there will be raining of sixes, here I only managed to get 3 in this entire match & unable to loft one for six in those final overs due to extra swing from pitch. I felt my comfort zone only in pro-camera mode. Tried multiple matches in batting far and close, i couldnt get the timing right. Couldnt get past scores of 20-30s in other camera modes.

Oh well, my career guy is around 65-67 only in different skills like drive, glance, control etc. Not sure if it will be easy if he reaches 90+. With the current skill of my guy - it is looking enjoyable.

@WealeyH Played ODI after setting every player's strength down by 50, so most were in teens, I think Afridi and Inzi were around 30. Pro difficulty, dusty/soft/wearing pitch, bowling as both teams. Note: I also have my "05 ODI" match type with longer, test length boundaries.

VNmOl53.png

Now if you'd asked me before the match based on pitch/conditions I would have said around 270-280 was a very good and most likely winning score, so in that respect the game was very realistic and I had a lot of fun playing it. Really thought Akmal and Pakistan were going to make it until I just ripped through the tail. I thought Murali would do better on such a pitch but seemed like it was a day for pacers.

All I can in the negative say is that some things just still "feel" a bit off. For one thing despite the lowered strength batsmen were still pinging 100m+ sixes, there were a lot of mishits and skiers but every one of them apart from 2 landed perfectly safe (which were both caught by the mid-off fielder running back). Not that this is bad if it just happened in one game but it's a consistent pattern I've noticed from a lot of limited overs bowling, the AI really does feel blessed when they hit the ball in the air. I know it sounds really stupid after all the years of us complaining about the stupid AI holing out all the time, but at least in LO cricket I feel it should still be a pretty common occurrence (if we can somehow keep the AI competitiveness as well). I would quite like my boundary fielders to be more than just run-savers if possible.

Still I'm kind of in the same camp as @Langeveldt. If the game was never patched again I could play it forever quite happily, but if it could somehow be improved even more that would be crazy.

And there were no prod shots of course! :cheers

@WealeyH Played ODI after setting every player's strength down by 50, so most were in teens, I think Afridi and Inzi were around 30. Pro difficulty, dusty/soft/wearing pitch, bowling as both teams. Note: I also have my "05 ODI" match type with longer, test length boundaries.

VNmOl53.png

Now if you'd asked me before the match based on pitch/conditions I would have said around 270-280 was a very good and most likely winning score, so in that respect the game was very realistic and I had a lot of fun playing it. Really thought Akmal and Pakistan were going to make it until I just ripped through the tail. I thought Murali would do better on such a pitch but seemed like it was a day for pacers.

All I can in the negative say is that some things just still "feel" a bit off. For one thing despite the lowered strength batsmen were still pinging 100m+ sixes, there were a lot of mishits and skiers but every one of them apart from 2 landed perfectly safe (which were both caught by the mid-off fielder running back). Not that this is bad if it just happened in one game but it's a consistent pattern I've noticed from a lot of limited overs bowling, the AI really does feel blessed when they hit the ball in the air. I know it sounds really stupid after all the years of us complaining about the stupid AI holing out all the time, but at least in LO cricket I feel it should still be a pretty common occurrence (if we can somehow keep the AI competitiveness as well). I would quite like my boundary fielders to be more than just run-savers if possible.

Still I'm kind of in the same camp as @Langeveldt. If the game was never patched again I could play it forever quite happily, but if it could somehow be improved even more that would be crazy.

And there were no prod shots of course! :cheers

I think, there a lot of potential tinkering to be done that can change this game now!

Like you said and same in my test strength lowered the rates but when the AI decides to nail Random smash it still went miles.

I think, there a lot of potential tinkering to be done that can change this game now!

Like you said and same in my test strength lowered the rates but when the AI decides to nail Random smash it still went miles.

Yes, the powerplay overs are a bit iffy as well, that's where I notice the last ball smash a lot.

I admit I haven't tested this, but I have a theory that if you turned all batsmen's attributes down to zero and shot force down to zero they would still make 60-70 runs in the first 10 overs. (if they weren't bowled out of course :p)

Yes, the powerplay overs are a bit iffy as well, that's where I notice the last ball smash a lot.

I admit I haven't tested this, but I have a theory that if you turned all batsmen's attributes down to zero and shot force down to zero they would still make 60-70 runs in the first 10 overs. (if they weren't bowled out of course :p)

Yup, the run rate is still kinda on rails if you will to an extent...

When we tried to make this not the case they never went anywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread