Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.09), Xbox One (1.0.0.10) and Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks mate,
The trouble I'm having at the moment is timing, where nothing seems to come off the bat fast, and I'm scoring virtually no boundaries.
In general the shot force has been considerably reduced and even more so for early, ok and late timing. In terms of timing, you will be better as you play. Just have patience. See your performance after say 10 hours of batting. You know footwork is even more so important post patch. On good/ideal you will seldom edge and the ball travels like a bullet to the boundary.

Any tips on how to bat on hard. I find the window between early timing and OK is very small. I’ve never got an Ideal playing hard and rarely a good. When I try and play the ball late I often miss, which is an issue if the ball is straight.

Not a complaint by the way. I enjoy the challenge. Just looking for some advice.
If you use any markers, try reducing the time they appear in the modifiers. I was finding it really difficult to play late, my brain and hands had been so trained to play when I saw the Pitch Marker but that didn't seem to have been changed.

I've got difficulty set to Medium (50) but with marker display time at 6. I'd played on Hard before the patch but was having very little fun with that difficulty once the timing changes had been introduced.

AI has no problems chasing down a total.
TKpxGM1.png

AI has no problems chasing down a total.
TKpxGM1.png
Yeah the same issue pertains in career too..Have posted regarding this..The chasing values are too much I guess.. They are realistic in posting a total which is fine..

Yeah the same issue pertains in career too..Have posted regarding this..The chasing values are too much I guess.. They are realistic in posting a total which is fine..
My second T20 on the new patch (Hard bowling, Veteran difficulty) AI was cruising chasing 140 odd untill I decided to bowl only Yorkers around the 17th over. They needed 5 runs of 16 balls with 7 wickets remaining. And I ended up winning by 4 Runs :facepalm. They scored zero in 16 balls without loosing a wicket:mad.The first T20 was on Medium bowling and I was able to defend 130 without Yorkers.
I will try to play a few more T20s and see how it goes.

But overall the patch is pretty good. Batting is almost perfect and bug free. Commentary has improved. The stats looks fine after two matches in competition mode. Frame rates has improved. Human bowler in training mode is a great addition. AI bowling and field set seems to have improved as well. AI running is fixed and hence I went back to fully Assisted fielding but then came the drop catches.

Happy to see that drop catches are included, but I wish every catch had a mini game to actually decide catch or drop catch. Cos right now it feels highly scripted and animation doesnt even look right. Most of my player fielding skills are almost at 100 and still drop dollies, so do not think it's decided based on skills. Maybe someone can throw light on to it.
The wicket keeper acts like superman sometimes and then like Kamraan Akmal when there is an edge off a spinner. Again there is no mini game either.

Overall, Patch 1.08 and 1.09 in combination has improved the game drastically. I will post bugs if I do come across and hope the PC open preview does continue in future. Thanks @MattW beta guys and PC boys.

I've played two matches in the last couple of days which is a small sample I know. One chasing and one batting first and I was awful batting first. There are plenty of other variables but the noticeable difference was that when chasing the mentalities for the AI batsman seemed to go out of the window. Ponting is balanced and M Waugh is precise. I'd say they both felt Aggressive, particularly in comparison to the batsman in the match I played a couple of days ago. If I'd scored 350, maybe the approach and aggression would be warranted. The idea of scoreboard pressure is almost inverted. When setting a score the AI batsmen really felt close to what I was hoping to get from them, chasing it feels very much programmed and featured lots of slogs whereas there were hardly any in the previous match.

What would be nice is if things such as weather depiction could be improved and its effect on the game rather than wasting time on things like replay of misfields:rolleyes Currently in tour/competition modes there is no weather.

Shots towards mid wkt region are slightly underpowered

Shots towards mid wkt region are slightly underpowered
Really? Thats my go to shot and its not underpowered by an extent..Both front and back foot , I love that region shots in game...

Any tips on how to bat on hard. I find the window between early timing and OK is very small. I’ve never got an Ideal playing hard and rarely a good. When I try and play the ball late I often miss, which is an issue if the ball is straight.

Not a complaint by the way. I enjoy the challenge. Just looking for some advice.
My two cents: Watch the ball until very end, play with transparent batsmen off. It's just a matter of getting used to I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread