Patch General discussion

Ive been using the default fielding positions none custom created at all. Ive had the AI hit quite a few shots to mid on and mid off and they dont run. Im playing xbox 360 so it might be different I dont know.

I got 360 and I have seen this - hit straight to mid off and set off for suicidal run

I got 360 and I have seen this - hit straight to mid off and set off for suicidal run

I can honestly say that hasnt happened to me so far it probably could be one if them things. I will have to continue playing my tri series and observing.

My settings in CA dont seem to transfer to career -

in CA 4 day games are set to 2 reviews but I don't get any in career (just started new one)?

Confirmed that it doesn't affect existing careers but I don't see why it wouldn't affect new ones. Annoying.
Is that the same in Aussie state shield someone?

+1.

The AI also seem to play too straight and lofted most times and these two super human fielders catch everything.

I think the best plan like someone said is to move those two.

It's not the best fix but I wonder if it might really help the fun factor until a proper fix is in.

Certainly the run outs will reduce massively and they do seem to take most catches too.

I won my last t20 by 160 runs. And I'm not that good at batting. So this might be Perfect.

Was patch 1 that bit of the game that I had to install when I put my disc in the console....or is patch 1 ready to download.

man this run out and stumping glitch is really driving me crazy!!!!.

I agree, and the fielders constantly knocking the bails off. I think, 'please don't do it again, please don't do it......', but they bloody well do. Aghhhh!!!!!!!:mad
I thought the patch would fix this?

Was patch 1 that bit of the game that I had to install when I put my disc in the console....or is patch 1 ready to download.

Probably. For the PS3 version of the game it should pop up as soon as you boot up the game. If you boot up the game now and it doesn't appear you've probably already downloaded it and it has been applied.

Ive been using the default fielding positions none custom created at all. Ive had the AI hit quite a few shots to mid on and mid off and they dont run. Im playing xbox 360 so it might be different I dont know.

As for the tournament all I did was replace england with pakistan. In the tours theres a tri series odi with aus ind and eng.

Could be as folks who have complained about AI runouts are on PS3.

I agree, and the fielders constantly knocking the bails off. I think, 'please don't do it again, please don't do it......', but they bloody well do. Aghhhh!!!!!!!:mad

My experience is that it has. There must be something different with you fields/save files/teams that is inducing it - @HBK619 will PM you.

----------

Not yet... @BigAntStudios You promised!!!!

When I go to the office tomorrow I'll post it - been working from home over Easter. Don't expect a long list or "hidden gems".

I think they shouldn't remove the bails at all, unless you repress the button for the end you are at. For example on PS3, Circle Or Triangle for the bowlers end, X or Square for the keepers end. As long as they react really quickly and only have the one go at it, it'd work fine. Every other throw in they could just field and await a prompt maybe.

Right now there doesn't actually seem to be a dedicated button to remove the bails, so there's all this semi-automatic happening going on still a bit more than it should be. Could it be that if you push the fielding button and then release and maybe push it again it's queuing a "break the bails" response? I'm not sure but it does also happen to me a bit now. The patch did make things better though, by quite a bit.

Last edited:
Actually, I noticed that 3 times now the keeper/1st slip did NOT appeal for a nick which was quite loud - I did and got the wicket. All three times it was because the ball hit the underside of the bat (batsman was going for a cut shot against my legspin and hit high...ball hit the bottom edge of the bat) - bug?

Actually, I noticed that 3 times now the keeper/1st slip did NOT appeal for a nick which was quite loud - I did and got the wicket. All three times it was because the ball hit the underside of the bat (batsman was going for a cut shot against my legspin and hit high...ball hit the bottom edge of the bat) - bug?

I think if the keeper and slips appealed every time there'd be no need for the player to know when to appeal. It'd just take the users participation in appealing and hand it over to constant influence from the AI.

Users who are viewing this thread