Pathirana smashes 277 in Twenty20 onslaught

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Having just seen the last over from Mascarenhas, this story caught my eye:

Sri Lankan first-class player Dhanuka Pathirana scored a remarkable 277 off 72 balls in a Twenty20 match in Lancashire's Saddleworth League to steer his Austerlands side to 366 for 2 and an easy win over Droylsden. Pathirana smashed 29 sixes and 18 fours in his onslaught.

From Cricinfo.

277 of 72 balls is amazing batting especially as almost half were sixes. The most I've seen reported before this has been around the 150 mark, which hopefully puts this kind of score into context.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has anything that can beat this?

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I can see people posting in here making a point about the quality of opposition etc, but I must say that's amazing even if you're playing against the worst team in the World.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Well I don't like to brag, but my 327* urinates all over that...

'Tis a rather phenomenal feat. Goes to show that Lancashire leagues are the best/worst.

sd92

International Coach
One word; extraordinary.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
There's been some big scores recently in the lower-levels of cricket. Papua New Guinea scored 572/7 in 49 overs (the umpires lost count) against New Caledonia in the South Pacific Games last week and then bowled New Caledonia out for 510 runs. The biggest score and biggest win in any international. A big mismatch in teams, but still remarkable.

nightprowler10

Executive member
There's been some big scores recently in the lower-levels of cricket. Papua New Guinea scored 572/7 in 49 overs (the umpires lost count) against New Caledonia in the South Pacific Games last week and then bowled New Caledonia out for 510 runs. The biggest score and biggest win in any international. A big mismatch in teams, but still remarkable.

62 run win is the biggest win in internationals now? :p

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
flippin' heck!!! thats ridiculously amazing! :o

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
62 run win is the biggest win in internationals now? :p

Andrew accidentally mixed up some of the numbers - the biggest win in international cricket, as shown correctly below, is by 510 runs!

Papua New Guinea innings: 572/7 (Pala 146, Uda 123)
New Caledonia innings: 62/7

Papua New Guinea won by 510 runs

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
A fantastic effort. Tough work for the bowlers. I dunno if someone will ever beat that.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Andrew accidentally mixed up some of the numbers - the biggest win in international cricket, as shown correctly below, is by 510 runs!

Yes I knew that, but how often does anyone get a chance to point out Andrew's mistake? :p

I looked up New Caledonia and it seems they're way out of their league. They were just bowled out by Fiji for 20 runs!

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
If New Caledonia are that bad it may be my only chance for a taste of international cricket.

Would end up losing by 650 odd though.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors

Yeah, I wasn't paying attention. New Caledonia were 62 all out though.

Animator!

School Cricketer
This is a pretty good feat, especially as it comes in the Lancashire leagues, one of the stronger leagues of club Cricket in England.

Users who are viewing this thread