PC Awards 2009 - Day Six

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
awards2008.png

Rather excitingly I finally get to announce some results at this years awards, probably because I am expecting to feature quite prominently in 2 of the categories. Today we are going to be announcing the winners of Best Senior Member, Best News Contributor and Best Cricket Game Patch/Download Thread

These results come hot on the heels of Day 5, but at least our Australian friends get to see them on the correct day for a change

Without further delay let's get to the first award

Best Senior Member
This award is open to any member 25 yrs of age or over who the members feel has made great contributions at PC in one way or another the past 12 months. This award has been going so long that even Colin is now eligible!

barmyarmy (41.88%)
Kev (13.75%)
The_gas (10.63%)

So once again bribery, backhanders and blackmail has prevailed with barmyarmy sweeping all before him as he wins his 475th PC Award since its inauguration 5 years ago. This is despite the fact with one day to go before end of voting he only had 1 vote (from himself). Oh and apparently he sometimes does worthwhile things on the forums but let's not get distracted ;). So Kev finally gets dethroned after ruling what seems like forever, but still comes in a credible second. Mention also to The_gas who gets into the final three I believe for the first time? Well done to all three, but I cannot believe my occasional posting in the staff forums, even less frequent posting on the main forums and lack of technical web skills meaning no contribution to the web site look and feel has prevented me from prevailing yet again?
So disappointing :noway

Best News Contributor
This award focuses on cricket articles and match reports written by members of PC. This years winner is:

baggy_blogger (31.25%)
aussie1st (15.63%)
manee (6.88%)

So baggy_blogger is a deserved winner with threads such as icc champions trophy concerns continue and few words steve bucknor. A fantastic contributor in this area and his efforts rightly recognised.

aussie1st just proves he's not as good as barmyarmy at the three B's (see above) and well done to manee also for making the podium

Best Cricket Game Patch/Download Thread
And finally for today it's an award for the cricket game download or game patch that has made the most difference in improving one of the many cricket games out on the market in the past 12 months.

Well happy to announce with an overwhelming 91.53% of the vote it was my very own brilliant human bowling patch one-day 20-50 overs. It took gameplay to the next level and resulted in me being given a job offer from EA to work on Cricket 10 (oops, shouldn't have mentioned that last bit :doh)

Sorry what was that, it wasn't even nominated in the awards? It was only downloaded and played by 4 people? And 3 of them thought it was pants? And the other just felt sorry for me? :noway

Okay on to the real winner who was:

black magic IPL Superpatch v3 (15.63%)
ahads kits & facefactory (10.63%)
friend863s downloads (10.00%)

So a close contest this category but no one can argue with the quality of black magic's work the past 12 months, a superb effort and well deserved winner.

Well done also to Ahad and friend863 with their efforts being rewarded by the members as they make up the final three

Up tomorrow are the awards for Best Sub Forum and Cricket Chat Poster

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...9-discussion-thread-57483-22.html#post1529100 <- Lament my losses.

Users who are viewing this thread