PC Public Preview Update Now Available

i'm really out of date, been so busy recently i've not kept abreast. where are we at gameplay-wise on the PC public beta?

i'm really out of date, been so busy recently i've not kept abreast. where are we at gameplay-wise on the PC public beta?

Test cricket very good imo.

ODIs heading in the right direction.

I think you had a lot of different pet peeves to mine however and I can't remember what they were so your mileage may vary.

Is there actual game-play involved in outfield/non mini-game catches yet, PC previewers? Or is it still entirely automated even on semi-assisted or manual?

Keep different batting skills between 60-70 then you get realistic AI run rate, different dismissals, normal powered shots in t20 and odi
I would like to re-work the skills. Not sure if new patch again might change the way it works.
Fielding skills needs to increased for all. But not really sure how the all rounders need to be skilled as well.

It's more about balancing now and finding what works for you.... ODIs are really overpowered batting wise, but there's a game that works well with a bit of playing around.

while sprinting the batsman drags the bat too late

Also, scoop shot not coming off in nets even with marker, rest all unorthodox shots are working

Last edited:
Assuming you're posting in this thread because you're on PC and trying out the new preview - attach your save folder here and I will take a look.
Hi
@MattW
yes im playing the pc preview
I dont know how to give you the save data files
But i think everyone will have the same problem

Happens when you start a new T20 or ODI world cup and does not matter what host nation you select the PC chooses a random nation

Thanks for your reply

@Spoobir @Langeveldt @TemPSaad

many thanks.

on the ps4 build, i find the default a little too aggressive for first class (i.e. balanced plays like aggressive, aggressive plays like brute, brute makes me cry). has this been toned down at all?

i'm sure i need to look at the teams too in terms of stats and attributes but i'm playing a tour so it won't affect it i guess. will go through to the end and take what i see there into setting up teams for the next go. I haven't actually played that much post-patch.

sounds positive that things are being looked at

@Spoobir @Langeveldt @TemPSaad

many thanks.

on the ps4 build, i find the default a little too aggressive for first class (i.e. balanced plays like aggressive, aggressive plays like brute, brute makes me cry). has this been toned down at all?

i'm sure i need to look at the teams too in terms of stats and attributes but i'm playing a tour so it won't affect it i guess. will go through to the end and take what i see there into setting up teams for the next go. I haven't actually played that much post-patch.

sounds positive that things are being looked at
Good to see you around again Dave! Hope all is well?

yes im playing the pc preview
I dont know how to give you the save data files
But i think everyone will have the same problem
Go to your Documents folder, go to My Games, right click the Ashes folder and select Send To > Compressed folder. Then drag and drop the resulting file into the reply box here.

Or alternatively/additionally, record a video of you getting the problem.

ODIs heading in the right direction.
Can you expand a bit on your main problems with them at this point?

From what I've got notes on, the biggest issues on my list are unrealistic acceleration towards the end of the innings, the scores being a bit too predictable, and the AI seemingly getting away with too many easy sixes. More T20 related are improving how super overs pan out, and as more a general point, AI dropped catches.

Users who are viewing this thread