PCs football team - Droylsden FC

PaulNixon1

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Last time it happened in 06 and Bury the offenders got kicked out of the tournament and were supposed to be playing ipswich too in the third round. :p

PhilD123

International Coach
Of course if this offence had been caused by a league club they should be expelled, but as Droylsden are a Conference North club I think the rule should be relaxed. They are not professionals, they don't have the same tight ship to run as league clubs. It will be a ridiculous decision to kick them out, but I have a feeling that is exactly what the FA will do. Whoever it is, I hope they win - if Ipshite play as well as they did at Carrow Road, they will lose.
Sorry Lee, but it must be one rule for all.

DPRA

International Cricketer
Sorry Lee, but it must be one rule for all.

True, True.

As much as I don't want us to go out, if we broke the rules we have to face the punishment...

2-1 Loss for us yesterday, only one word sums up the performance...

Disgracefull!

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Droylsden expelled from FA Cup

BluSq North team Droylsden have been expelled from the 2008/09 FA Cup having been found guilty of fielding an ineligible player in their second round tie against Chesterfield.

Sean Newton scored both of Droylsden's goals as they won 2-1 on 23rd December, in the fourth attempt at playing the match. However, the player was cautioned for the fifth time this season on 9th December, and should have served his mandatory one match ban in this match.

Chesterfield will now be re-instated, to play East Anglia's second best team in the third round, Ipswich Town.

Manly

Thor
Get in!!! Far less embarassing to lose to Chesterfield.

And I don't mind playing second fiddle to Peterbrough FC at all.

Edit: found this on BBC Sport:

"...Pace then added that he would "go to the nearest bridge" and throw himself off if Droylsden were thrown out of the Cup...."

haha

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Didn't deserve to get thrown out, Droylsden didn't know about the fixture change until after the suspension was issued CIIW. Therefore they thought the suspension was for the boxing day match.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Come on its not hard to work out when a player is suspended for a game its for the next game not the one after it!

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Come on its not hard to work out when a player is suspended for a game its for the next game not the one after it!
The 5th yellow was issued on 9th December. The suspension was for the period 23rd-26th December. There was no match scheduled for 23rd at the time, so they thought he would be banned for the Boxing Day game.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
You would still think about asking someone before doing it wouldn't you?

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
If you break the rules then you pay the penalty. They were rightly thrown out for being cheats.

DPRA

International Cricketer
The 5th yellow was issued on 9th December. The suspension was for the period 23rd-26th December. There was no match scheduled for 23rd at the time, so they thought he would be banned for the Boxing Day game.

He also picked up the card in a game that was Abandoned, so Droylsden included that in the case aswell, bit more info:

any appeal must be made with the FA association by 0900 GMT on Tuesday 30,with the appeal to be heard the following day

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Im glad they've been thrown out as they broke the rules simple as, I don't care what division they are in or how much time they have they should have known. If Man Utd had this happen to them say and they'd beaten a conference side if they weren't thrown out there'd be uproar.

Users who are viewing this thread