PES5 Vs Fifa 2006

carmichael

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've created this thread to list my pleasure and displeasures about PES and Fifa i hope others follow and continue this thread by posting thier opinions and suggestions or give a rating for both games out of 10. I'll go first.(Its like a review)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
PES 5 Advantages
Well PES has a superb gameplay with lots of different ways to create plays and score goals. It very good visually, the stadiums' atmosphere is magnificent. The physics is great and the difference in players running and kicking actions does not affect its stability. With numerous ways of editing you'll probably spend hours changing each player on your favourite team to your desired style. A variety of different attacking and defensive options that when learnt can make you a very good player. Its difficult gameplay and style will have you practicing for hours giving you your moneys worth.
PES 5 Disadvantages
The controls are somewhat complex (pressing lob numerous times to get varied crosses, Super Cancel, etc). Also the lack of kits, it is a shame too such a very good game that is rivaling the fifa franchise doesn't have the authentic team uniforms of some major leagues. Lack of leagues and low database of players as compared to Fifa gives you less options, and also the fact that you cant go a league season and enter the UEFA CL or CUP is ridiculous. Plus in my opinion the movement of the players look stiff and robot like not very flexible. The commentary is horrible. Running at players like what ronaldinho and cristiano do if not really possible therefore it does not show the players true characteristics. The game will most like get you frustrated and its not intended for those with anger management issues.
With all these remarks about it greats and its faults its still the best football game out there and thats sad because it has a lot of room for improvement for the world's most popular sport the games should be better. I think PES 5 desreves a 8/10.

Fifa 2006 Advantages
There isn't much too talk about except, in my opinion a great idea with the career mode. Also the huge database of players and leagues helps (probably why the gameplay sucks too much room emphasise was taken on the database). The game is good the movement is ok and switching feet is a lot easier than in PES 5 plus its great commentary. Its authency gives you a good reason to buy it.
Fifa 2006 Disadvantages
Hmm were should i start. The gameplay is basic and you'll probably master it in a week, the AI and Physics are extremely poor, lack of editing abilites and different styles of players make this game even less interseting. Through balls are ridiculously easy even some of the worlds worst can play ball like Zidane and Ronaldinho. And there Ronaldinho obssesion is driving me crazy. Yeah and last but not least passing a players is too easy and can be done with anybody this is really sad.
EA does not need to do much there just lazy for this they get a 6/10.

Milo_LCCC

Club Cricketer
blimey mate big post but good reading and its certainly helped me to make up my mind which i want to invest my hard earned cash into :)

carmichael

Club Cricketer
Milo_LCCC said:
blimey mate big post but good reading and its certainly helped me to make up my mind which i want to invest my hard earned cash into :)

Thanks mate i hope it helps a lot of people.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
For the most part fairly accurate. Although I disagree about "The controls are somewhat complex" and "Running at players like what ronaldinho and cristiano do if not really possible".

People seem to have forgotten when they play computer games that in the real world of football, just beating a man or even two is a pretty rare thing. In Pro Evo the onus isn't on rounding 7 players and slotting home, but instead drawing the defender into a tackle and then finding the space as you beat him to either surge into space, or pick that killer pass. Plus there are a fair few people I've played online who will disagree that it's not possible to beat 4-5 players ;)

As for the crossing, I think it's fine as it is. If you see your man free in the middle with noone else back, you hammer it in low, if there are two chaps then you hold foward and maybe push R2 on crossing to pick out the man at the backpost, hold down to the pick out the man in the middle. I don't think it should be a case of in space, push cross, automatically picks out man in the middle. There should have to be some human input, and personally I play it on passing setting 5 and more often than not cross the ball myself.

There are certainly some negatives in Pro Evo 5. Things like the overly picky refs, the slightly poor interpretation of the offside rule, and some of the runs people make that sees them sprint into an offside position when standing in acres of space, but for the most part it is in my opinion the best football game on the market at the moment.

If they ever recreate the joy I felt playing Iss 98 and 2000, then they will in my mind have yet again created the perfect football game for it's time.

Mr. Kurns

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
PES5 truly is a great game, but i switched to FIFA2006 and tried to play PES5 straight away again but couldn't get used to it after FIFA, Fifa has real teams, alright graphics, i personally think the gameplay is alright and the game has a sense of realism to it where as PES doesn't have proper kits, teams, logos etc, i rates PES5 7/10 and Fifa 8.5/10

kmk1284

Club Cricketer
carmichael said:
-Plus in my opinion the movement of the players look stiff and robot like not very flexible. T
crap.pes has some of the best animations and physics for any sports game

D

Deleted member 13648

If we are talking about the PC versions here you can easily download kits, balls, adboards, team names, rosters, player names and even stadiums for PES5 which is why it is so much better for PC and better than Fifa

cricket doctor

International Cricketer
tobes said:
i personally think the gameplay is alright and the game has a sense of realism to it where as PES doesn't have proper kits, teams, logos etc, i rates PES5 7/10 and Fifa 8.5/10
This is no reason to give PES less points. There are tons of patches available to make the game authentic. But anyways PES' gameplay is miles ahead of FIFA. I've never seen two same goals out of thousands.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Football 2007 looks to be a major step forward. Pro Evolution Soccer has always had a foreign feeling to it which has turned me away. Football 2007 all the way then!

Mr. Kurns

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
cricket doctor said:
This is no reason to give PES less points. There are tons of patches available to make the game authentic. But anyways PES' gameplay is miles ahead of FIFA. I've never seen two same goals out of thousands.
PS2 mate.

kmk1284

Club Cricketer
there are enuff cracked version looming around for the ps2 on the net ,since it was illegal i didnt specify it so far

carmichael

Club Cricketer
kmk1284 said:
crap.pes has some of the best animations and physics for any sports game

:clap well said, but more accurately what i meant was that the movement during the celebrations etc. does not look as fluquent as fifa's IMO.

kmk1284

Club Cricketer
carmichael said:
:clap well said, but more accurately what i meant was that the movement during the celebrations etc. does not look as fluquent as fifa's IMO.

yes those look slick and are some of the most over the top celebrations that would give most japanese anime a run for its money,unlike the restrained and sober style of pes

Users who are viewing this thread