Peter Roebuck Dead

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
News: Peter Roebuck dies aged 55 | Cricket News | Global | ESPN Cricinfo

Peter Roebuck, the respected cricket commentator and columnist, has died in South Africa.

The Sydney Morning Herald, one of the many newspapers Roebuck wrote for, reported that he had been found dead at a hotel in Cape Town.

Roebuck, 55, was in South Africa covering Australia's ongoing Test tour, including as a radio commentator for the ABC.

Sad news, was a great journalist.

A really sad day, RIP Peter.
I loved reading his articles on the SMH, a lot of what he wrote represented the opinions of most fans. This article looks to be his final piece.

A sad day in cricket. Roebuck was known for his bluntness. I loved his views as more often than not, he use to communicate what he felt and not he was told to write/say.

He wasn't more blunt than anyone else in the Australian media, but he took it upon himself to present something different.

Rest in peace Peter! Most un-biased and objective writer ever.

RIP Peter Roebuck. Was a great journalist.

r.i.p. really sad, couldn't believe it when I heard the news. He was one guy whose articles I always made sure I read.

Damn this is sad. I'l really be missing him, writings and commentary.:noway

Damnn RIP Roebuck, he was one of my favourite cricket journalist ever.

Really sad, read he committed suicide after police confiscated items from his hotel room. Something doesn't add up here.

Users who are viewing this thread