Pitch wear and deterioration

runner4life

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Has anyone encountered any pitch wear yet? I'm 3 days into a test and nothing at all.

It's always a feature that I found really lacking and disappointing!

Nothing from the bowlers or batters. It's very sterile.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
have you set pitch wear to slow, normal or fast, i think it defaults to slow wear....go to pre match options

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sometimes the pitch wears but the visual display doesn’t work, sometimes it may not wear at all.

Somebody from beta team can tell whether the pitch wear is working or not..

Hester

County Cricketer
None of it matters anyway. Just like their tennis game, surface type / wear makes zero difference to how the game plays.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah can't see it and I've gone to the fifth day in a few tests, and if it is there it doesn't seem to make any difference. A shame.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeah can't see it and I've gone to the fifth day in a few tests, and if it is there it doesn't seem to make any difference. A shame.

This is really disappointing. Because when I created a scenario and chose pitch age as day 5 it looked great.

This shouldn’t be hard to get right. Set variable, increase variable, save variable, load variable.

kulch

Club Captain
Settle down fellas we just got rain, and not sure if that even works

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can’t begin to tell you how much I have banged on about this..

Yeah that's appreciated, but if they are insisting it is in there, let's just say diplomatically they may be being "economical with the truth"

Mr Snrub

International Coach
It could be programmed in to be in there, but for some reason the activation factors are not being picked up by the game (or at least enough to make a real difference)?

Also, could they be afraid of being heavy-handed with it to the point that it's become ridiculously subtle?

runner4life

Club Captain
Words falling upon deaf hears Wealey? Or simply difficult coding?

I'm fairly certain DB14 had it implemented rather nicely.

It should matter Hester. What's a cricket game with a perfect pitch? That's just not cricket!!

Even if the visual doesn't work and the tech side actually is working...how do you actually know?

For me, its a huge realism killer.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Words falling upon deaf hears Wealey? Or simply difficult coding?

I'm fairly certain DB14 had it implemented rather nicely.

It should matter Hester. What's a cricket game with a perfect pitch? That's just not cricket!!

Even if the visual doesn't work and the tech side actually is working...how do you actually know?

For me, its a huge realism killer.

DBC14 would age the pitch while you played, but it always reset after a save/load. Since then we've had nothing.

As I say, if you create a scenario and set a pitch as being later in the game you'll see it visually. (Jury possibly out on how it plays.) But if it's not actually aging visually or in result during normal play that's a disappointment, to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread