PlanetCricket Basketball Association Discussion Thread

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hello all,

Lately I've been thinking about starting up a fantasy league for all the basketball fans around Planet Cricket. I'm not quite sure how popular this idea would be but I figured I'd share it with you all.

Basically we'd be running a league not too dissimilar to PCCL/PL/FL. I would be using NBA 2K7 for its simming engine, which I have tested out for the record and it works fine. Biggest drawback of using this would be that not everybody owns this game so I would have to do all the simming (and listening to all the crappy music they included in this game). I am more than welcome to see any ideas, good or bad, on how to arrange this.

One of the ideas I had was to start off real small, as in just make one team and play in the NBA and if we get enough interest, expand it into the PCBA. Maybe even include vCash in the running of the teams, though I am not sure I want that in the early stages.

Again, any feedback would be appreciated.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Well I've had a look around not found any text based sim that's free or even exists anymore, so looks like we're stuck with my NBA game, at least for now.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
If it is about Basketball then I am in so is Pal,I guess. :p
Anyway interesting concept Usman.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Alright, here's what I am thinking. We ask for signups, and depending on how many people we get, we make teams and start the league. I will try to get stuff ready by Monday, spreadsheets and such to track signups and keep stats. This will be a bit harder what with using an 360 game for this purpose, but hopefully it won't be too much of a strain.

Again any suggestions are more than welcome before we embark on this project.

nightprowler10 added 1 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

I'm interested in this. I have a basketball sim ;). It's called Jumpshot.

Dr. Pepper added 0 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

http://www.download.com/Jump-Shot-Basketball/3000-7451_4-10370618.html

And I don't mind helping you out with this.

Ooh, that could definitely change things, I'll check it out.

Cheers for the offer Jaz, might take you up on it. ;)

nightprowler10 added 13 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Well Dr. Pepper, looks like the one you linked is shareware and we're back using the NBA game unless you own the license.

nightprowler10

Executive member
I don't know what that means. I downloaded ages ago and it worked fine.

You haven't had to pay for it? Usually these sort of programs are free to try and then charge you later. In fact, the download page you linked to says right on it that its free to try and $15 to buy.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
It means that You don't own that Soft ware.
It might be free for some days but then You have to pay for that to get License.
If it would have been freeware than you can use it free for always.

Anyway Usman,If you need any help regarding to this,I am ready just like Jazz. :)

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
You haven't had to pay for it? Usually these sort of programs are free to try and then charge you later. In fact, the download page you linked to says right on it that its free to try and $15 to buy.

I don't think I downloaded it from that link. I downloaded it like a few years ago anyway, I can't remember properly.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Alright, here's what I am thinking. We ask for signups, and depending on how many people we get, we make teams and start the league. I will try to get stuff ready by Monday, spreadsheets and such to track signups and keep stats. This will be a bit harder what with using an 360 game for this purpose, but hopefully it won't be too much of a strain.

Again any suggestions are more than welcome before we embark on this project.

nightprowler10 added 1 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

Cheers for the offer Jaz, might take you up on it. ;)

Ha, I don't mind. I still have some spare time and wouldn't mind help organizing or whatever helping you would include. Anyways, good luck with the 'project' and lets hope it becomes as successful as Cricsim has done. It's a long shot but I think you can get it going.

Once again, good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread