Player Editor

Chestnut, Re: your editor, have you found where batting order is stored for a team?

Using Baggi studio you can extract a team from Teaminfo and put it back in over another team, and the batting lineup order is correct (whereas if you copy a player in manually and seperately he will be wicket keeper or in the wrong batting position...

I noticed when you extract a team with baggi studio, there is extra bytes at the end of the file... maybe some hidden stuff for the team is located in here?

Good job on your editor too, it looks the real deal..

Last edited:
i am thinkin about giving up :P i havn't got anywhere near that far and my editor looks crap compared to that :D

you are way ahed of everyone

Lazy chesnut, your editor looks amazing, how long before it will be released to download. Canyou give a percentage completed yet?? Good work!!

lazy_chesnut said:
Yeah the run-up and bowling action can be edited.

looking great!, cool editor there lazy_chesnut! :cool: i have a question though, do you know the format in which the bowling action animations are stored in?

It'll be done so you can choose which face you want. Also a feature to update "batches" of players - e.g. go through all players and reduce swing amounts, raise batting ability for players with ability below 10, change all fake faces to real faces, change all fake names to real names, etc.

Work has halted at the moment, as I'm pretty busy with work. Some other people are making editors I have noticed, so if they are good, I'll leave mine and let them get on with it!

Brilliant!!! This is exactly what we have all been waiting for. Keep up the good work. Would it be possible to set the speed of the bowlers slowest ball? This would eliminate the 40km/h bowling issue! : )

Chestnut, hope you decide to finish it. I like the look of the extra features you plan to include. Also, I have been looking at the batting order data and think it is at the end of the team file..

For example, the main Australia test team has 16 players, the order in which they are listed is important and for this example starts Ponting,Gilchrist,Hogg,Bichel,Langer,Gillespie,Warne,MacGill etc

At the end of this list are the empty player slots and after that, the extra 40 bytes:-

Text:- [...b..............................................UUPPP......RR.]

Hex:- [0001 7F62 0880 0408 000D 0B0C 0106 0A05 0E04 0800 0D0B 0C01 060A 050E 0A09 0807 0405 03FF FFFF FF0A 0908 0704 0503 FFFF FFFF 5555 5050 5000 0000 0000 0052 5200]

The first two bytes represent the captain and wicket keeper's position in the player list.. so 00 01 mean Ponting and Gilchrist. I have checked this across other teams and is common for all.

Unsure of next bytes???

I believe 0408 are the opening batsmen... as 5th in the list is Langer and 9th is Hayden. 00 is Ponting (start of list therefore 00 in hex)
So the batting line up is 0408 000D 0B0C 0106 0A05 0E and seems to be repeated...

Probably First 11 batting line-up is the first series then total squad order...??? Not sure.. 0A09 0807 0405 03 these bytes confuse me... I think it is bowling..?

As these cannot refer to the original player list, maybe this referes to a new list infered by the batting order just defined....

Player List Order / Batting Order
Langer 04 00
Hayden 08 01
Ponting 00 02
Martyn 13 03
Lehmann 11 04
Clarke 12 05
Gilchrist 01 06
Warne 06 07
Lee 10 08
Gillespie 05 09
McGrath 14 10

Therefore the bytes 0A09 0807 0405 03 then make sense if you look at the batting order. 10 = opening bowler, 09 next change, then Lee, Warne, Lehmann, Clarke and Martyn..

The other unknown bytes maybe team ratings etc...

[EDIT]

The two batting orders can be different..? Just looking at the AUS Champions Trophy team.. the first batting order is just 0001020304etc but the second order is the correct one for that tournement..!

Maybe the first is the one for Test and second for ODI..!??! As then, in this team the first order would not matter.

Yup looking at England, that seems the order is Test batting order, then ODI batting order as Petersen and collingwood appear in the second list...

I expect the bowling order is repeated in exactly the same fashion.

Last edited:
Very good work Jace11. Nice and detailed aswell, cheers mate. Shall be including a lineup editor in my editor hopefully. BTW i'm nearly there with it. :D

No probs, the tricky bit is the bowling order is taken from the newly gnerated batting order (for Test and ODI this must be done separately I think).

Some people have complained about the wrong bowlers opening the bowling against them so we could fix that.

Overwriting retired players like Butcher and Thorpe in the England squad with bowlers etc caused them to bat up the order in the wrong place. But I think now, that can be easily sorted.

Last edited:
I got 23 bytes left to find.
These deffinatly include: Bowling (Inswing, Outswing, Seaming In, Seaming Out, Accuracy)
Maybe include: Appearance (Glasses, Hat Type, Shirt Arm Length)

Can anybody think of anything else there could be?

Users who are viewing this thread