Problem: Player Momentum and Reactions

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
Yep I agree.
While a few of these things annoy me slightly, being a cricket nerd, I think we have to take a chill pill in regards to most of this stuff. It would be nice to get these things tidied up for this version but id rather BA put their energies into tweaking AI and more important issues for the remainder of their support for this version.

I'm not really expecting or for that matter even wanting BA to do a whole lot more with this version. We can't expect this to be perfect game straight out of the gate, I have mentioned nba live before when talking about this. It was once a massive sports franchise, one of the most popular in the world, after a few years out of the game has returned with a very poor first up effort.
Ross has explained that they could've just concentrated on the basics of the game and released a more stripped down version with less bugs and more polish but they decided to spoil us with all these bells and whistles.
I think we just have to live with the few foibles that are still Present and wait for the next iteration when it comes to this minor stuff.

while agreeing with it,I do feel the serious AI pacing issues,those lofty shots with RAS,Slip catches and few other niggles are a must fix...

Alberts

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm just going to keep reiterating this point until we get an official response on the matter:

Players are too mobile, need to have reaction times, need to take time to get up to speed and overall need a lot of rebalancing.

Work also needs to be done to prevent them from simply passing through eachother, the stumps and so forth.

Rowdoss

Club Captain
I'm just going to keep reiterating this point until we get an official response on the matter:

Players are too mobile, need to have reaction times, need to take time to get up to speed and overall need a lot of rebalancing.

Work also needs to be done to prevent them from simply passing through eachother, the stumps and so forth.

I was playing madden 25 on PS4 last night and it does exactly the same thing, as it does in probably every sports game ever.

And just on the "official response" thing, Ross has posted a couple of times saying (or words to the effect of):
"We are reading everything you are saying, just because we aren't responding doesn't mean we aren't taking it on board"
I think there are far more pressing issues for them at the moment ie:xbox problems.

Alberts

International Coach
I was playing madden 25 on PS4 last night and it does exactly the same thing, as it does in probably every sports game ever.

And just on the "official response" thing, Ross has posted a couple of times saying (or words to the effect of):
"We are reading everything you are saying, just because we aren't responding doesn't mean we aren't taking it on board"
I think there are far more pressing issues for them at the moment ie:xbox problems.

I entirely understand that, and I get they don't want to promise to fix this if they don't know they can, but I'm going to keep reiterating it for as long as it's a problem, because it's a might big one, and one that may turn some off the series still.

ellgieff

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

The collision with stumps and other players thing has been mentioned by Ross as an intentional design decision, in order to avoid problems - I think it's unlikely they'll change that this iteration.

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Even after all the editions of the Fifa the players still pass through each other on occasions.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The player passthroughs is defnitly not a Priority one issue.

But players still showing as slighthly warping from the batters viewpoint when playing online needs some work for sure. Currently you HAVE to wait for the ball to be well past the fielder before attempting a run , as you are never 100% sure if he is gonna warp to the ball or remain stationary.

Secondly the fielders speed when the ball is in the air is just a tad off. They should not for most parts get to a flying ball thats heading for the 3rd man boundary rope , when they were inside the 30m circle at point of release. (This is just one example that "feels" wrong to me.)

When a ground shot is played , they are mostly fine , except for the well documented bug where they end up walking/lazily jogging to the ball.

Alberts

International Coach
An edge heading straight at first slip?

Yr9lCia.png

It's really happening?!

CgZo62n.png

lol jk

FuLwyGv.png

#wicketkeeperswag

Users who are viewing this thread