Please suggest me a PC

sunil ojha

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi every one!! Actually i am going to buy a new CPU only but i am confused whether to buy AMD athlon 64 bit 3200 939 socket OR Intel pentium 4 3.2 ghz with intel 915 gav motherboard. Everyone is saying that AMD is better in graphics and Performance than Intel and also it is 64 bit so no need to change in near future but one problem with that is i heard that AMD has a problem of Overheating, hanging, slowing down etc. And i use my computer for nearly 8-10 hours a day for some graphical work like Maya, Max etc. so is there chance of overheating also??
Please suggest me a PC as soon as possible with a good cheaper PCX graphic card that will enable me to play latest games :D . And also a good motherboard for AMD. ( Hope that Andrew Nixon will help as i think he possess good knowledge about it :) ). Thanks in advance.

brad352

Executive member
sunil ojha said:
Hi every one!! Actually i am going to buy a new CPU only but i am confused whether to buy AMD athlon 64 bit 3200 939 socket OR Intel pentium 4 3.2 ghz with intel 915 gav motherboard. Everyone is saying that AMD is better in graphics and Performance than Intel and also it is 64 bit so no need to change in near future.
Well the Athlon is cheaper and will probably give better gaming performance, if you were intending to do video encoding or things like that the Pentium would have a slight gain. 64 bit isn't much more than a marketing tool without the OS and software to take advantage of it, but the important part is that it performs extremely well in 32 bit situations regardless.

but one problem with that is i heard that AMD has a problem of Overheating, hanging, slowing down etc. And i use my computer for nearly 8-10 hours a day for some graphical work like Maya, Max etc. so is there chance of overheating also??
Historically this has been the perception, but it's not relevant at all now.

Please suggest me a PC as soon as possible with a good cheaper PCX graphic card that will enable me to play latest games :D .
6600GT

sunil ojha

Club Cricketer
Thanks for your help mate but 6600 gt is too costly any other card u know?

brad352

Executive member
sunil ojha said:
Thanks for your help mate but 6600 gt is too costly any other card u know?
How much are you willing to spend?

sunil ojha

Club Cricketer
Aaaaaa....... in Indian rupees near about 4000-5000 rs. which is near about 85$ -105$ US.

Users who are viewing this thread