Ponting Releases Captain's Diary 2008

I like most of the Aussies. I'm not too keen on Ponting and Hayden. But people like Pup, Brett Lee and Symonds (Can be a bit fiery) are good ambassadors for the game. (Symonds take down on the streaker ftw :p) Meanwhile the Indian team.....Oh just don't get me started :rolleyes:
Be careful, Sunil Gavaskar will be calling you a racist in a minute.

Bhajji talks a lot too but he does let his bowling do the talking aswell. He talks a lot of crap but his bowling is great.

I like most of the Aussies. I'm not too keen on Ponting and Hayden. But people like Pup, Brett Lee and Symonds (Can be a bit fiery) are good ambassadors for the game. (Symonds take down on the streaker ftw :p) Meanwhile the Indian team.....Oh just don't get me started :rolleyes:

What's wrong with Hayden?

Wouldn't be surprised

Bhajji talks a lot too but he does let his bowling do the talking aswell. He talks a lot of crap but his bowling is great.

That is true. If only he could learn to keep his mouth shut

What's wrong with Hayden?

I dunno. It's just whenever I see him on TV and hear him talk he just comes across arrogantly, imo

See, even the Scots are on our side!
Can you really take someone who thinks Symonds is a good ambassador for the game when compared to many in the Indian team seriously? :rolleyes:

As a cricketer, most definitely. But as an ambassador of the game... no way.

sohum added 2 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Sunil Gavaskar's biased, but how do you explain the fact that the ICC has still not taken action against Ponting for over rates? I'm not saying the ICC are racist, but they tend to look the other way more often than they should, sometimes. If I remember correctly, one of the only big names to be pulled up for slow over rates is Sourav Ganguly, whereas Ponting has been guilty for many series' now.

Sunil Gavaskar's biased, but how do you explain the fact that the ICC has still not taken action against Ponting for over rates? I'm not saying the ICC are racist, but they tend to look the other way more often than they should, sometimes. If I remember correctly, one of the only big names to be pulled up for slow over rates is Sourav Ganguly, whereas Ponting has been guilty for many series' now.

Maybe you should burn some effiges and threaten to never play us again. :rolleyes:

Btw, what are you doing up at 5am?

A very badly written essay

That sounds pretty pathetic, especiall for a moderator. Almost like school kids whinging that someone is getting away with stuff :rolleyes: Oh and btw, I do think Symonds is better for the game over peope like Harbhajan, Zaheer Khan and Gambhir, to name but a few.

Maybe you should burn some effiges and threaten to never play us again. :rolleyes:

Yeah, let the fans, who are not insane or anything :rolleyes: go and riot for a bit

As long as Harbhajan torment the Australians there is no problem n don't worry he is not going to come up with the book, he already has loads of money to.

He won't rant like the Mr. Fisher (symonds who does not know how to respect others' culture by insulting their GOD (Lord Hanuman)) or Mr. Clueless (Ponting) or Mr. Fair Play or walker (Adam Gilchrist - seriously didn't have to do what he's done, no wonder he has shown the true colors)

Where are you taking the issue and yeah learn to respect Legends

Can you really take someone who thinks Symonds is a good ambassador for the game when compared to many in the Indian team seriously? :rolleyes:

As a cricketer, most definitely. But as an ambassador of the game... no way.

sohum added 2 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

While we all know that the ICC is blatantly anti-India :rolleyes:, Ponting has definitely been fined for slow over rates before. I am 99% positive it happened in an ODI last year or the year before.

The only ones I wouldn't call role models are Symonds, Ponting and Hayden. From the current crop, I'd definitely say that Clarke, Lee and Hussey are all good role models.

Anyone in perth who listens to Nova in the mornings prob would of heard Ryan Campbell opinion on Cam white.

He mentioned something about how he cant understand what australia are thinking at the moment some of the team selections and tactics just dont make sense.

Then the biggie and Cameron White surely he would have to be the worst player ever to be selected to play for Australia.
:D way to go Cambo hope the selectors an ponting hear what u said.

Symonds wouldn't be a great role model. A player who gets dropped due to poor behaviour and attitude never is.

Zaheer Khan is a great role model. Gambhir isn't all that bad, and neither is Bhajji. Say what you like, there is no concrete proof on what he said. Tendulkar says it is one thing, Aussies the other. No point picking one over the other. Bhajji may be over the top, but he doesn't play to lose, and is confident in his skills. High self belief. Those are qualities to be admired. He brings himself down though with his over aggressive act and immature attitude, kinda like Sreesanth. And all Gambhir did was shove a bowler who had been giving him garbage all day, blame Watto and Katich as much as you would blame him.

The only ones I wouldn't call role models are Symonds, Ponting and Hayden. From the current crop, I'd definitely say that Clarke, Lee and Hussey are all good role models.

Yup. Although I've warmed up to Hayden. He isn't that bad either, he plays to win and is a hard worker.

Well I certainly wouldn't buy a book that is cleaned up to appease the all powerful BCCI and friends.
That doesn't answer the questiont though. Why do all these quotes against Indians get sensationalised and the others no so much? I mean, Symonds is fine going and saying what he truely feels about the Indian players, but has he done the same for English, New Zealand, South African players? Or about his teammates? Or the Aus. Cricket Board? Or the selectors? Or are you saying the only people he has something against is the Indians? Atleast with Gilly he was frank about his own teammates and selectors to go with his views on the Indians (Although it does seem he too has not mentioned cricketers from other countries).

As a person in general, you do not go public with your feelings of others where everyone can here it. You do not go on the streets and tell everyone you hate your colleague. You may dislike a kid in school, but you won't tell everyone in his presence that you don't like him (unless you really, really hate him). There is some etiquette. He is free to say what he feels, but if he is only doing that for Indian players and keeping mum about others, simple so that he these anti-Indian quotes can get sensationalised and increase book sales, it is just plain wrong.

Well, as you said, Gilly didn't pretend to like all of his teammates (Warne got a bit of a spray).

Symonds and Ponting, as current players, obviously wouldn't want to say too much about their teammates, but I recall Ponting saying how betrayed he felt by Symonds' conduct in the 2005 Natwest Series when Symonds turned up drunk to training (I think it was training) or on match day even. And I have no doubt that Symonds will have said something here.

The anti-Indian quotes are being sensationalised by the press because it's all hot news, it's current. Those are the first things they want to talk about because they're the most recent.

The fact is, out of a whole book, the journalists will only choose the most interesting and current parts to publish. You're obviously not getting the whole story.

Users who are viewing this thread