Post your questions about the game here!

indiancricket

School Cricketer
i started my career as a 16 yrs old batsman.I was going along alright as an amateur, even scored a few 100's but when my difficulty changed to pro i cant even hit a single ball cant defend the ball every time bowled or lbw.bat is not even touching the ball.The nets indicate my timing is ideal yet the ball keeps wizzing under or besides my bat. i don't know how to fix it.any suggestions?

ellgieff

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i started my career as a 16 yrs old batsman.I was going along alright as an amateur, even scored a few 100's but when my difficulty changed to pro i cant even hit a single ball cant defend the ball every time bowled or lbw.bat is not even touching the ball.The nets indicate my timing is ideal yet the ball keeps wizzing under or besides my bat. i don't know how to fix it.any suggestions?

At Pro difficulty, you need to use the Left Analogue Stick to control the footwork as well as the Right Analogue Stick to control the shot.

Move the left stick forward to play off the front foot, or back to play off the back foot. Some people pre-meditate this foot movement (before the ball is bowled), but I find that just gets me in trouble. You need to move your feet before you play the shot, though.

ellgieff

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
thankyoo so much :) its working now

OK, that's weird then.

Because having said that, I thought "I might try an Amateur career, see if it really is too easy batting" - and if I didn't use the footwork, I missed the ball.

And if I didn't get the footwork right, my boy stepped in the wrong places (LBW, once again, by stepping across the line - where I'd definitely pushed the stick straight forward).

And in my actual career I just got out, once again, straight hitting a tweaking full toss from a spinner, which carried at ankle height and he snaffled.

I don't think the fielders got fixed. I think the batting got broken. I don't think the bowling got any harder. fearsome tweak patch 2, give me patch 1 back.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
sO AT PRESENT I CANT PLAY WITH KEYBOARD?
Considering you seem pretty bad at keyboards in the first place, it'd be pretty surprising if you could even if it were possible.

The controller requirement is noted clearly on the Steam store page and on the boxed copies of the game. Surely you saw it when buying?

Users who are viewing this thread