Post your questions about the game here!

Playing on a PS3 with all patches installed.

Started at age 26 for career on PRO as batsmen only, think started on helmet 2 and currently up to helmet 4 rank. Being selected for international T20 and ODI but not Tests. Currently in second season.

1) When I look in practice nets still says PRO, thought I should go up a difficulty with helmet ranking rise or even international selection?

2) Do I need a helmet ranking of 5 to get selected for tests (status = very close), this seems the case according to first post in "How are you doing in your career" thread from @Ross - "with Test Matches only happening in Rank 5"

3) If you need a ranking of 5 for question 2 above how do you determine when you get a ranking increase or how do you move from ranking 4 to 5? Is it time or skill based and if skill how do you determine ? Consistently getting some 50's and 100's now even though average is still +-25 from when I first started my career and was getting low scores. I seemed to move through the other helmet rankings fairly quickly?

Thanks

1) When I look in practice nets still says PRO, thought I should go up a difficulty with helmet ranking rise or even international selection?
That was removed in favour of letting you directly pick your difficulty.
Do I need a helmet ranking of 5 to get selected for tests
Nope. That original post was a while before release, so not everything there was implemented exactly as described. You can certainly play tests without a helmet ranking of 5.

That was removed in favour of letting you directly pick your difficulty.

Nope. That original post was a while before release, so not everything there was implemented exactly as described. You can certainly play tests without a helmet ranking of 5.

Thanks so much for the quick replies.

Maybe you can help me with something further. Being playing a few T20 and ODI internationals, how do I increase my chance of getting selected for the tests?

Got an average of 51 for ODIs and about 30 for T20 internationals, does this help for getting selected for tests or does your domestic longer game version stats relate to getting selected for tests.

The overall helps and you can get test selection through them alone, but you improve your chances more with better FC performance

For me the downloading cost final will come close to 700.And you are getting a controller within the box.
If you have bought a PC version then can you please tell me how is the quality of the controller.

700 is very low.. you should definitely go for it.. I bought the game for 2000 rupees, that too on Big Billion Day or something like that. The normal price was 4000 rupees back then.
The Playmax controller provided with the game is good enough. It is made of strong plastic and feels good too. I've been playing since April last year, and the buttons haven't gotten loose or anything. The wire is so long that you can play from your bed if you want. Just press the mode button (which will glow red) before you start the match.

Hi, I'm experiencing a strange problem where I cannot edit the length of the shirt's sleeve (or add a 'vest') in any of the uniforms for any of the teams. Suppose, I select "long sleeve shirt," they show the preview, but as soon as I press the A-button to confirm, it reverts back to the short sleeve shirt.
Even if I select the option of randomising values (Y-button), it only shows the short sleeve shirts of different designs.
Anyone knows what might be up?
I'm using the PC version.

Hi, I'm experiencing a strange problem where I cannot edit the length of the shirt's sleeve (or add a 'vest') in any of the uniforms for any of the teams. Suppose, I select "long sleeve shirt," they show the preview, but as soon as I press the A-button to confirm, it reverts back to the short sleeve shirt.
Even if I select the option of randomising values (Y-button), it only shows the short sleeve shirts of different designs.
Anyone knows what might be up?
I'm using the PC version.
By design. Long sleeves or vests are used by players when weather permits. That option is to just show a preview, it isn't a setting.

Users who are viewing this thread