Post your questions about the game here!

Thanks for the previous answer; I have one more question... Before the bowler begins his run-up, pressing the Y-button makes your batsman do a gesture like "I'm going to hit the ball over there." Is that the right inference, and does that serve any purpose?

Hello, after a long break from playing DBC I'm hooked on it again. Just wondering if there's a way to find out the causes of crashes I'm getting as i don't know if its my new PC or if I've messed up the modding folders. Thanks :)

Hello, after a long break from playing DBC I'm hooked on it again. Just wondering if there's a way to find out the causes of crashes I'm getting as i don't know if its my new PC or if I've messed up the modding folders. Thanks :)
Can you please elaborate your issue?

Crashes in between overs and also it hangs looking at team scoreboard before you press a to go to match i don't get the option to press a and it just rotates team list/weather for a long time then exe. stops responding.

Crashes in between overs and also it hangs looking at team scoreboard before you press a to go to match i don't get the option to press a and it just rotates team list/weather for a long time then exe. stops responding.
Assuming that you are on v1.21, try re-installing the game. Maybe you might have lost some game data while upgrading your pc. If you've purchased game on steam, try re-downloading it. Remember to backup your files before going for re-install. And do post the output so that we can help you out.

as i don't know if its my new PC or if I've messed up the modding folders.
A few things to try would be:
  • Verifying the steam game cache. Right click the game in Steam and click Properties, then on the Local Files tab click the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache' button. This is equivalent to a re-install/re-download, so there's no need to do that.
  • Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date
  • Try running the game without mods and see if the problems still occur - then add them back in one by one (or folder by folder) - so that you could narrow down potential problematic ones.

A few things to try would be:
  • Verifying the steam game cache. Right click the game in Steam and click Properties, then on the Local Files tab click the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache' button. This is equivalent to a re-install/re-download, so there's no need to do that.
  • Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date
  • Try running the game without mods and see if the problems still occur - then add them back in one by one (or folder by folder) - so that you could narrow down potential problematic ones.

Just validated my files all was ok... Just played DBC in safe mode and it still crashed. exe stopped responding so i guess its my drivers. I will do that now. Thank you for your fast help. :)

Just a quick question, I've confirmed that I'll buy the steam version of the game at the end of March(after my exams), so wanted to know that is any of these compatible? Enter USB Game pad with Vibration E-GPV or Quantam QHMPL QHM7468 USB Vibration Game Pad Remote Joystick - Buy Quantam QHMPL QHM7468 USB Vibration Game Pad Remote Joystick Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in as I've got these when I searched DBC14 gamepad.
I was using Enter USB Gamepad with vibration. It is pretty good product and is compitable with DBC14 and is compitable with almost all the racing & action/shooting games.

Please note that now I am using the gamepad which I got with the box. Controller settings of in-box gamepad is quite different when compared to "Enter" brand.

Though I use the in-box gamepad to play DBC, I still use Enter gamepad to play other games.

Good choice, go for it. Its quite cheap aswell.

Still crashing & in safe mode. I'm monitoring my pc at same time my GPU goes from 80-99% load then to 0% when it crashes..
Seems to be crashing in random times... just now it was while simming in career after i got out. sometimes in-between overs...
I'm going to try a fresh install as im guessing even in safe mode it still goes through the modded folder in some sort.

Last edited:
Just a quick question, I've confirmed that I'll buy the steam version of the game at the end of March(after my exams), so wanted to know that is any of these compatible? Enter USB Game pad with Vibration E-GPV or Quantam QHMPL QHM7468 USB Vibration Game Pad Remote Joystick - Buy Quantam QHMPL QHM7468 USB Vibration Game Pad Remote Joystick Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in as I've got these when I searched DBC14 gamepad.
You can play with these controllers but you won't be getting the same rotation/spin with these. :)

Just in the middle of playing a test match and I've been given out caught behind, I reviewed the decision and on hotspot it clearly hit my shoulder and not the bat, however I was still given out, was pretty annoyed as it was a big wicket an I lost my review, just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them and if maybe the new patch fixes issues like this. I'm playing on Xbox One
Cheers.

Just in the middle of playing a test match and I've been given out caught behind, I reviewed the decision and on hotspot it clearly hit my shoulder and not the bat, however I was still given out, was pretty annoyed as it was a big wicket an I lost my review, just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them and if maybe the new patch fixes issues like this. I'm playing on Xbox One
Cheers.
Yup. I had it. Don't remember exactly when and it was in PC.

Users who are viewing this thread