Your Cricket pre-season/coaching ideas

From my experience, heavy bag boxing (I'm sure hand pads or a handheld bag will do) is very useful for general strength related to fast bowling and presumably batting - with results coming extremely quickly.

Hey, I have a good Idea for fielding..
Just take some 80 to 100 tennis balls and put them up in the air with numbers..
You should put up a ball to a person and ask him to catch that one itself.
(eg, You should ask me to catch a ball with the number 7 on it and you should through it up. And there sould be some 50 to 100 balls at that time.)
And for bowilng, just give them a ball of heavier mass and make the people to bowl and spinners to spin. If they spin those heavier ones, they can easily put up or spin the actual cricket balls.
For batting, just put up bowling machines and don't show the batsmen the path of bowl. just keep a big thermocol and make a hole to it and make the machine's chimney over it so that the bowler will have proper sight screen and he can't predict the bowl.
See that the sight screens which they practice are made of different colors...

cricket bat tennis.

tennis (with a tennis ball) played with a cricket bat. lots of running around and yeah, while it's not going to teach anyone technique lobbing the ball up tamely, it can help with hand eye co-ordination and getting used to the weight of a bat and increase power, and help players feel lighter on their feet.

Hey, I have a good Idea for fielding..
Just take some 80 to 100 tennis balls and put them up in the air with numbers..
You should put up a ball to a person and ask him to catch that one itself.
(eg, You should ask me to catch a ball with the number 7 on it and you should through it up. And there sould be some 50 to 100 balls at that time.)
And for bowilng, just give them a ball of heavier mass and make the people to bowl and spinners to spin. If they spin those heavier ones, they can easily put up or spin the actual cricket balls.
For batting, just put up bowling machines and don't show the batsmen the path of bowl. just keep a big thermocol and make a hole to it and make the machine's chimney over it so that the bowler will have proper sight screen and he can't predict the bowl.
See that the sight screens which they practice are made of different colors...

Not to.. downtalk your idea or anything, but how on earth are you going to throw 50-100 balls up in the air at the same time?

Users who are viewing this thread