Pro mode & VR would be amazing if BA ever supported it

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Just got a PS VR today and it just dawned on me that if ever a game needed a Playstation VR patch it's this one.

At the moment the only reason to use a VR headset with this game is to have a virtual 90 inch screen right in front of your face. Which is nice and all, but it could be so much better than that.

PRO camera with VR would be the ultimate experience for Don Bradman Cricket 17. It would make my career gameplay much more meaningful. Pro camera is just somewhat lacking in 2D due to the camera directions when running.

It'll probably never happen, but it would be nice if it did.

fanirama

Club Captain
I've been playing it in PS VR and it is actually average. It obviously plays in non VR mode, as if you're playing it on IMAX. The poor graphics look even more blurry and poorer in VR than say other non VR games like Uncharted 4 in PS VR. The graphics of this game are very bland and really bad tbh. The gameplay is decent but it's overall not a real hit game imo compared to the stellar DBC 14. Single animation per shot, irritating running between wickets, auto switching of fields to the point you just give up and go with whatever it decides, constantly having to adjust batsman at the crease in 1 foot jumps unlike the nice little movements of DBC 14, bad animations for some shots like square cuts etc. abound.
Still, the game isn't terrible by any means.

I play this game on PS VR because PSVR is quite impressive tbh. And yeah, true 3D VR support would be insane for this game. I don't think this game will you VR nausea like VR Luge gave me. That nausea lasted 6 plus hours after a 10min session... maybe DBC 18 or DBC 19 might support VR

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I
I've been playing it in PS VR and it is actually average. It obviously plays in non VR mode, as if you're playing it on IMAX. The poor graphics look even more blurry and poorer in VR than say other non VR games like Uncharted 4 in PS VR. The graphics of this game are very bland and really bad tbh. The gameplay is decent but it's overall not a real hit game imo compared to the stellar DBC 14. Single animation per shot, irritating running between wickets, auto switching of fields to the point you just give up and go with whatever it decides, constantly having to adjust batsman at the crease in 1 foot jumps unlike the nice little movements of DBC 14, bad animations for some shots like square cuts etc. abound.
Still, the game isn't terrible by any means.

I play this game on PS VR because PSVR is quite impressive tbh. And yeah, true 3D VR support would be insane for this game. I don't think this game will you VR nausea like VR Luge gave me. That nausea lasted 6 plus hours after a 10min session... maybe DBC 18 or DBC 19 might support VR

I'm ok with the graphics to be honest. Using a VR headset always leads to a net loss in graphical fidelity, even an Oculus Rift or HTC vive does this too, since it's having to render the video twice - once per eye. It's the illusion of VR that makes this ok, so if BA ever patched in VR, I would totally use it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread