PS3/360 Versions Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

I bat on broadcast mode. Why? Cos I think it’s the best looking camera. It looks beautiful. Especially when batting against medium pace bowlers – the camera position is perfect. Plus I find it considerably easy to hit square of the wicket on the off-side. There is no better feeling than cracking a square cut behind point in this game. But I find in pro camera it is too difficult to execute.

What is everyone else’s method to batting?

It is good looking but I'd urge you to give close cam from behind and/or pro cam a proper try (don't know how long you've tried it for already). The game was really designed to be played from the batsman's POV and they just feel much more immersive for me. :)

Last edited:
It is good looking but I'd urge you to give close cam from behind and/or pro cam a proper try (don't know how long you've tried it for already). The game was really designed to be played from the batsman's POV and they just feel much more immersive for me. :)
Best cam for me , pro cam has got some blind spots...

why inthe new update its keeps just quitting the game at random and i have to start the whole game over again.it is so frustrating and im thinking about not playing it cause its pointless if i have to start a new game every 2 hours

its like playing defensive is a must at the highest level

not at all you can go smashing from ball one too.

Outswing and cover drive can get edges which is acceptable but got edge off an inswing on the mid stump which I hit to mid off

ok,if you were going inside out as in playing it from outside leg stump it can happen, also timing plays a role in how well the foot work you select gets executed, i feel may be you are out of touch with timing a bit with the latest update... think you have to give it some time and see how it goes.Its a bummer you are having trouble adapting with this update was expecting you knock centuries with the latest update.

not at all you can go smashing from ball one too.

ok,if you were going inside out as in playing it from outside leg stump it can happen, also timing plays a role in how well the foot work you select gets executed, i feel may be you are out of touch with timing a bit with the latest update... think you have to give it some time and see how it goes.Its a bummer you are having trouble adapting with this update was expecting you knock centuries with the latest update.

Haha, Thanks, yeah may be need to take some time out for getting used to that....

Wasn't there timing required before the patch??

I just feel that they have tweaked the foot movement and the bat face a bit in the patch, maybe that's the reason for those many edges...As I always look into the awesome interactive replay to see the way it edged and I saw the foot goes a bit far than the selected control foot work...Same way like @grkrama posted a video of batsman going away from the stumps for a defensive shot played...

ya this is something im also noticing... the footwork does seem to be affect a bit with timing especially if you time it a tad early than late though i have noticed it only in the latest update.

Wasn't there timing required before the patch??

ya but its changed slightly with the way shots play now. certainly you wont find balls racing to boundary like before for every cover drive.

ya this is something im also noticing... the footwork does seem to be affect a bit with timing especially if you time it a tad early than late though i have noticed it only in the latest update.

ya but its changed slightly with the way shots play now. certainly you wont find balls racing to boundary like before for every cover drive.
Maybe that's the reason for my edges..Because as you said I would have adapted to the new patch easier as I have been 98% playing the career mode and have got used to the foot movement...So the changes to the foot movement if reverted would make it perfect I think...

That is surely a good change and required one as well....But well timed shots now look absolutely gorgeous....:clap

why inthe new update its keeps just quitting the game at random and i have to start the whole game over again.it is so frustrating and im thinking about not playing it cause its pointless if i have to start a new game every 2 hours
Is it limited to some specific part of the game, e.g. career mode?

I haven't heard of this happening on the console version... only the PC version.

So the changes to the foot movement if reverted would make it perfect I think...

I dont think foot movement actually changed...that would be a wrong way of me putting it. due to timing change/control sensitivity you are getting the wrong foot movement a bit more than less. I would still say you would be able to score freely than you are doing now if you put more time into it and timing gets better.

I dont think foot movement actually changed...that would be a wrong way of me putting it. due to timing change/control sensitivity you are getting the wrong foot movement a bit more than less. I would still say you would be able to score freely than you are doing now if you put more time into it and timing gets better.
Yeah hopefully...I have not played the game for 3 days now ,maybe I will play today...

Since the update, my game ran okay for a couple of days but now when I get to the screens showing the teams and the weather conditions before the start of a match the press x to start prompt doesn't appear in the top right of the screen anymore??

Yeah hopefully...I have not played the game for 3 days now ,maybe I will play today...
I find that since the update I can once again play the right shot to the ball that is delivered because I don't have to worry about airbourne shots. The times that I have tried to play a cover drive to a ball around leg stump I have edged to keeper, so maybe stay away from that one and play those to the leg side, as you would in real life.

Since this update I've experienced the game freezing a few times during the wide angle shots of the ground that immediately follow the weather and team lists.

It happened twice in a row when I tried to play a one on one casual match against my brother a few days ago and twice in a row just now on career mode - note that I've also played quite a few hours on career mode since the update without a problem until this evening and I have not experienced the game freeze like this at all before this update.

Users who are viewing this thread