World Cup Quarter Finals Discussion

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
How this after the BD game. Praveen is nowhere near the Ind squad right. This is some old vid.

That video was way back. It was those days when Rohit was far more inconsistent than this and faced a lot of media flak for being backed a lot by the selectors and Dhoni.

Just watched the PAK v AUS highlights. Wow, Maxwell plays some really insanity shots. He square cuts a ball which is short and well down the leg side. My jaw literally dropped when I saw replays of that shot. Pakistan dropped very crucial catches, that of Watson and Maxwell and that hurt them big time.

PokerAce

Banned
That video was way back. It was those days when Rohit was far more inconsistent than this and faced a lot of media flak for being backed a lot by the selectors and Dhoni.

Just watched the PAK v AUS highlights. Wow, Maxwell plays some really insanity shots. He square cuts a ball which is short and well down the leg side. My jaw literally dropped when I saw replays of that shot. Pakistan dropped very crucial catches, that of Watson and Maxwell and that hurt them big time.

Maxwell did play that insane square cut/pull. He did have some issues with the short pitch stuff. Having said that I do worry that India don't feel that after the trouble Aus had against short pitch stuff today, they will resort to bowling short. That has been the trouble for the entire summer till the bowlers started pitching it up.

I would hate them to resort to bowling short based on what was on display today. Especially Clarke. India need to pitch it up.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Maxwell did play that insane square cut/pull. He did have some issues with the short pitch stuff. Having said that I do worry that India don't feel that after the trouble Aus had against short pitch stuff today, they will resort to bowling short. That has been the trouble for the entire summer till the bowlers started pitching it up.

I would hate them to resort to bowling short based on what was on display today. Especially Clarke. India need to pitch it up.

India have done well in this World Cup bowling short most of the time. During our QF game, they even showed the pitch map of India's wickets and at that time, 21 of India's overall wickets in the World Cup had come from short deliveries. Shami, Yadav and Mohit have just not mindlessly hurled it short. They have used it very effectively. I think India using the short ball tactic against Australia might not be a bad idea at all.

grkrama

National Board President
just a fun read
AusvsPak.gif

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There are players scoring 230 and there is a team which mostly score less then 230.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Who's gonna do the first triple ton in ODI cricket? Rohit with his 264, Guptill with this, Gayle with his double hundred this tournament, etc. There used to be a time when Saeed Anwar's 194 (against India; a very painful game for us Indian fans) used to be the zenith and was almost unbeatable for quite a bit of time.

But now, its getting insane.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Absolute carnage. Absolute bore :(

Hopefully the semifinals are more competitive

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
It was entertaining while it lasted. 7 sixes in first 9 overs was remarkable however, we stand no chance now with Marlon and Ramdin gone. Gayle cannot do nothing on his own.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
dont underestimate gayle, im sure mcculum wont breath easy till he is there
He is from Jamaica, man. Btw, one man no matter how good cannot help the team chase a total of 393 with no/little support. That said, Carter is doing the right thing at the moment. It would not hurt much even if he goes at a strike rate of about 70 if he and Gayle can take us near to the 40th over. We have people to make up for that.

Users who are viewing this thread