Question re runners

alexczarn

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm confused, when a batsman has a runner with him, who calls the runs, the runner or the batsman(who obviously can't run)?

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think the batsman not the runner .;)

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Often it is neither the batsman or the runner - it can be the partner at the other end who does the calling in that instance. Either way, it's all moot because runners are now banned!

spooony

Club Captain
Non striking the runner will call if he is running to the danger end. When on strike the non striker will call normally. It is the same as between two batsman basically. Just the runner will do the callling instead of the injured batsman

alexczarn

Club Captain
Non striking the runner will call if he is running to the danger end. When on strike the non striker will call normally. It is the same as between two batsman basically. Just the runner will do the callling instead of the injured batsman

Thanks, what I wanted to know!

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Who is supposed to call? The runner essentially takes the place of the injured batsman when it comes to runs, so if it was originally the call of the striker to run (say, a single to mid off/mid on, where the non-striker should not be ball-watching) then the runner makes the call. If the non-striker was to make the call then he would as usual.

Of course that never happened in the real world. There have been instances where there were two runners on the field and all four men ended up at the same end since even injured batsmen have the natural instinct to run. Runners are confusion.

But great fun.

Bring the rule back, please...even amended. Hell, make it a Twitter vote if you want to. #ICCCricket - "Should Batsman X be allowed a runner? 3 minutes to vote now!"

Users who are viewing this thread