Ravinder Jadeja & Yusuf Pathan

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
EPIC FAIL

Seriously, just go hang yourself in shame.

Whats wrong with that, shravi? He is being right actually. He is actually criticising Yusuf by saying that if he is forced to play tests and in the traditional way, he wont even average 20.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Whats wrong with that, shravi? He is being right actually. He is actually criticising Yusuf by saying that if he is forced to play tests and in the traditional way, he wont even average 20.

Test caps are given to deserving players, not to anyone.
Giving Yusuf a Test cap is sheer disgrace.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Now you cannot even suggest that someone will be averaging 20 if he was in test side. :facepalm

P

pcfan123

Bubblu's point was simply that Yusuf Pathan would be a well below par-Test batman. Meaning he lacks proper batting technique and is basically just a wham bam hitter.

I agree with him, the guy is a hack and I lost a lot of respect (not that I had any) for Warnies opinion after those comments.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
If only you had the ability to comprehend the meaning of my post.

Ahh ok, never mind, read it again after a few minutes. My bad.

Still, you suggest some rather stupid things (like Sobers is overrated) so I jumped the gun before reading your post properly.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Both Yuseless and Ravcrapper should be banished back into domestic cricket for a long, long time. Jadeja has screwed us over on two World t20s now.

Would much rather see Ojha/Ashwin in the team, especially if he's going to be batting at like 9 anyways.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Test caps are given to deserving players, not to anyone.
Giving Yusuf a Test cap is sheer disgrace.

His comment was sarcastic in nature, so probably he was not actually that serious about Yusuf getting a test cap.

Whats disgraceful about it? Pathetic players like Vikram Rathore, Debang Gandhi, Deep Dasgupta, MSK Prasad, etc have all played test cricket. Also Sehwag was not expected to be a good test player and people thought he would be more successful in the shorter formats and there were quite a few guys who deserved it more than Sehwag when he started off. But he surprised many and became a very successful test player.

Hitterman

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just a question, do these guys even deserve a discussion thread? These people are just waste. They can play well for IPL (Money) but when it comes to team, they can't even hold the bat properly.

I wish Irfan should replace his brother. He was at least consistent in batting:sarcasm

P

pcfan123

His comment was sarcastic in nature, so probably he was not actually that serious about Yusuf getting a test cap.

Whats disgraceful about it? Pathetic players like Vikram Rathore, Debang Gandhi, Deep Dasgupta, MSK Prasad, etc have all played test cricket. Also Sehwag was not expected to be a good test player and people thought he would be more successful in the shorter formats and there were quite a few guys who deserved it more than Sehwag when he started off. But he surprised many and became a very successful test player.

If people like Darren Patterson can get Test caps it really diminishes the value of it. I wish they were a lot more selective and kept it a very small exclusive fraternity. Not give any hack who has a good FC match a cap.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Pattinson ;) And he actually deserved his call-up, he bowled beautifully for Notts that season, and was probably the in-form bowler in County Cricket after Simon Jones; but Jones was crocked again soon after Pattinson's selection. I don't think he was that bad a selection, and really didn't bowl that badly. Amjad Khan was a worse selection for me, and sticking with Panesar in the West Indies when we had Rashid on tap was abysmal too.

P

pcfan123

Amjad Khan looked awful the little I saw of him. Australia are the best about giving Test Caps to the few that deserve them.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Bryce McGain? Jason Krejza? Dan Cullen? Andrew McDonald? Cameron White picked as a spinner in India? :p They've picked some shockers too tbf.

P

pcfan123

tbf McDonald has always done what has been asked of him. Also White would make an excellent Test cricketer in my book late down the order, if he had not stopped bowling

Users who are viewing this thread