Red circled slow bouncer's.

zaff4444

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Unhitable?or is it just me?but everyone i've played against online whenever i bowl slow bouncer i noticed can't hit them only rarely,l also noticed DBC14 (most from sub continent) player's use this against whenever I'm catching up or scoring run's fast,they constanrly use the slow bowl bouncer to slow the run rate down,I class doing that constantly to slow run rate coz they know unhitable (rarely can)-a cheat!

Last edited:
Unhitable?or is it just me?but everyone i've played against online whenever i bowl slow bouncer i noticed can't hit them only rarely,l also noticed DBC14 (most from sub continent) player's use this against whenever I'm catching up or scoring run's fast,they constanrly use the slow bowl bouncer to slow the run rate down,I class doing that constantly to slow run rate coz they know unhitable (rarely can)-a cheat!

I dont know how to bowl those slow ball bouncers effectively. Very rarely you will find me bowling slow ball bouncers. Both my Fast & Slow Ball Bouncers tends to be called as above shoulder height, so I can only bowl them only as per it is allowed for each format.

I dont know how to bowl those slow ball bouncers effectively. Very rarely you will find me bowling slow ball bouncers. Both my Fast & Slow Ball Bouncers tends to be called as above shoulder height, so I can only bowl them only as per it is allowed for each format.
Bro I think it's a bug,but most know and purposedly when losing/run chase catching up use it to you-online DBC14.

It's not a bug... just an exploit. it's hard to hit it. just needs a tweak with the timing meter and it will be fine. Just play friends online not randoms! you won't get friends bowling like that anyway.

I think they are perfectly playable as a batsman. But very unrealistic.

But it shouldn't be easy for a bowler to ball that.
As I have said before its just too easy as a bowler to ball variations after every ball
lowest bowler speeds on PC currently for
Fast = 119 to 124
Fast medium = 110 to 114
max diff between slow and fast is around 37kmph

I'd say make that too max at 25kmph.
At the same time make it difficult to bowl that slow balls.

Some further tweaks are required.

I agree that slow short bouncers are pretty easy to cart to the boundary.

The ones that are bigger problems are slow drifters from spinners. It's not so bad if you have a perfect connection, but if there's any lag at all it can be difficult to time these perfectly (restricting the amount of runs you can milk off them).

The biggest issues I've had are people making custom teams and stacking them with pure fast bowlers and taking advantage of lag to bowl short fast bouncers. The lag means you can't pick up the ball until it's 1/4 or even halfway down the pitch, making it supremely difficult to reliably score.

If anything, that's probably the bigger problem, but I guess you could always ask to use international-only teams when you play, I guess.

There was a time when a friend of mine used to play with 5 medium pacers against me bowling just those short red circled slow deliveries, it used to piss me off big time but I couldn't argue much as he'd say that it's part of the game. A few matches went on and I kept losing due to low scoring despite having wickets left at the end of an inning but with time I got used it, time came when I once bashed him for 6 6 4 6 4 4 in an over, I remember this figure because I still tease him about it lol. Now he never uses medium bowlers against me and importantly he rarely bowls those slow deliveries, that too only when he's sure that I might get deceived by not judging the ball and playing a shot which only leads to a catch but that rarely happens, mostly he gets hit for six.

So short of all that, my point is that these deliveries are totally playable, you just have to pay close attention to it and experiment. I play it as late as possible and only HOOK and PULL shot works best on em, I mostly play it on front foot, it's more effective than back foot as strange it may sound.

The real concern is spin bowlers, those dead two bounce deliveries where ball travels in slow motion, it's totally unplayable but most doesn't agree with me on that for some reason.

Last edited:
There was a time when a friend of mine used to play with 5 medium pacers against me bowling just those short red circled slow deliveries, it used to piss me off big time but I couldn't argue much as he'd say that it's part of the game. A few matches went on and I kept losing due to low scoring despite having wickets left at the end of an inning but with time I got used it, time came when I once bashed him for 6 6 4 6 4 4 in an over, I remember this figure because I still tease him about it lol. Now he never uses medium bowlers against me and importantly he rarely bowls those slow deliveries, that too only when he's sure that I might get deceived by not judging the ball and playing a shot which only leads to a catch but that rarely happens, mostly he gets hit for six.

So short of all that, my point is that these deliveries are totally playable, you just have to pay close attention to it and experiment. I play it as late as possible and only HOOK and PULL shot works best on em, I mostly play it on front foot, it's more effective than back foot as strange it may sound.

The real concern is spin bowlers, those dead two bounce deliveries where ball travels in slow motion, it's totally unplayable but most doesn't agree with me on that for some reason.
Yeh the hook shot i now play when slow bouncer's coz it's the only shot that will work on them but front foot,have'nt tried backfoot hook/pull shot's yet,and yep it p's me off when randomer's bowl them spin unplayable deliviries (i bet they thinking=wow! i'm very good at spin bowling,lol).

The Slow Ball bouncers is defnitly not unplayable , same with the Spinners one. Bowl them continously and one will adjust to the speed and eventually exceed.

Its when they get mixed up between the normal and fast balls , then the become "almost unplayable" due to our split second time to assess the speed and press the button.

Users who are viewing this thread