Reporting Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

A.R123 Max

@IceAgeComing and all other staff members and admin say that why don't we report posts rather than sending them PMs and linking them to posts. The reason is that when ever I am on cell, I always find a post that is unfollwing rules and there is no report button.

A

A.R123 Max

The screenshot I have attached here are showing 2 issues.

1. Report Button isn't showing. And never shows up on my cell
wp_ss_20150330_0003.png

2. In reply box, I can't use smiles
wp_ss_20150330_0004.png

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Tilt you phone in landscape mode...You will get the option .

2015-03-30 16.29.38.png

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Not knowing if there is a soloution or not, here is the unofficial staff stance -

If something is a seriously pressing issue, I'm sure other members will report it or staff will see the issue and deal with it themselves.

Otherwise, waiting until you have access to a PC to report something isn't the end of the world.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
The reason we prefer the post reported is that all staff can see the notification that way. If there is an issue with the mobile skin then @MattW is your man.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not knowing if there is a soloution or not, here is the unofficial staff stance -

If something is a seriously pressing issue, I'm sure other members will report it or staff will see the issue and deal with it themselves.

Otherwise, waiting until you have access to a PC to report something isn't the end of the world.

This is pretty much how I see it

PMing a staff person for something serious or illegal or disgusting (sharing pirated content, racism, posting gore or things like that) is perfectly OK since dealing with that is a must, but if you're tagging me in loads of posts for things like mass tagging or other silly things then I'm going to get annoyed.

Although ideally don't tag me in anything at the moment, my laptop is bust and the mobile skin doesn't have the mod buttons so all I can do is delete posts

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
If you can't use the report button, I suggest simply opening a thread in the Contact a mod forum and posting your reports in there - where all the mods can see them and take action if seen necessary.

People greatly underuse the contact a mod section - it is designed for exactly this thing - communicating with all moderators at once without individually contacting those who may not be able to respond at a given time.

There's only so much we can make readily accessible on smaller screens, and reporting isn't that important of a function to do that for.

A

A.R123 Max

If you can't use the report button, I suggest simply opening a thread in the Contact a mod forum and posting your reports in there - where all the mods can see them and take action if seen necessary.

People greatly underuse the contact a mod section - it is designed for exactly this thing - communicating with all moderators at once without individually contacting those who may not be able to respond at a given time.

There's only so much we can make readily accessible on smaller screens, and reporting isn't that important of a function to do that for.
What about the 2nd issue related to use of smilies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread