Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Was able to comfortably score at 8-9 per over on Hard in Tests by just playing ground shots. The game also hung many times when browsing through the menus.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
Well they did say yesterday or day before yesterday that "they have not forgoten us and we will hear from them soon" make it what you want out of this but seems positive to me.

did they say that????? really!!! wow thats news

diaskasun added 3 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Was able to comfortably score at 8-9 per over on Hard in Tests by just playing ground shots. The game also hung many times when browsing through the menus.

Hey abbh, you did wonders with the demo in doing the extender man, cant you patch the game and fix all the bugs around :help

diaskasun added 0 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Hey abbh, you did wonders with the demo in doing the extender man, cant you patch the game and fix all the bugs around :help

BANGLAFAN

School Cricketer
Does anyone know how the player gets skill points? What i need to do? Been playing with my created player but not yet had any skill points to upgrade my skills. Do i need to make a century or something? By the way played 2 matches lost both against kenya. Yeah am pathetic i know. One thing got iratating was the kenyan tailenders were batting like top order batsmen making 89 etc. Wth? Also had 4 runouts in odi and 3 runouts in test. Apart from that its ok.

Allrounder18

Banned
Ofcourse it will hit the top in the first week and specially when there are no other worthy competitors around but I really hope it creates some sort of record in sales for codemasters so that Transmission guys can get a bigger budget. (REAL PLAYERS MOCAP!!!)

Radaga

International Coach
a positive is that if you purchase the game u get a handy little box you can use as a paperweight

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
I agree, they are working on a patch.

you must be knowing something we dont know then, however after getting all the money from codies i dont think they will work extra hours to give us poor people a patch ........

diaskasun added 0 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

a positive is that if you purchase the game u get a handy little box you can use as a paperweight

is that all dude!

FaWaD

Club Cricketer
Although excited for the game release on Thursday, I am getting a bit dishearten by looking at the scorecard posted by jkartik.. I didn't care about the AI getting runout as my main worry was batting being too easy.. I hope I am not as good as jkartik.. I certainly won't use any exploits..

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Mhh reading the last few posts in this thread has really put me off going out and buying it (which I was going to do today).

Would have made sense if they made the game easily editable, like AI configs etc....

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Keep working on your own game.

My thoughts exactly.

Can't wait for TAOC to release (if it ever does!) and I can merrily score at 30rpo. Then we can remind him of this post.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Codies better make a patch, aren't they suppose to be looking at forums like these to find improvements?

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Okay can someone with an actual brain give me a final opinion.

First I hear the batting is hard and people are posting summaries where it's taken them a good 80overs to get 400 runs or so. Now all of a sudden it seems like everyone is saying the game is easy...I just watched a youtube video of a NZ vs India not sure if it was a T20 but the guy who was bowling put it in the worst areas possible and got hit. I'm guessing if you stick it in the yellow areas it's fine like in the demo?

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Codies better make a patch, aren't they suppose to be looking at forums like these to find improvements?

It'll be at their disadvantage if they don't.

The thing is, if they release a patch and it only changes small things, and makes the game even a slight bit better. People here will definitely look at both Codemasters and TG in a better light.

Simbazz added 1 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Okay can someone with an actual brain give me a final opinion.

First I hear the batting is hard and people are posting summaries where it's taken them a good 80overs to get 400 runs or so. Now all of a sudden it seems like everyone is saying the game is easy...I just watched a youtube video of a NZ vs India not sure if it was a T20 but the guy who was bowling put it in the worst areas possible and got hit. I'm guessing if you stick it in the yellow areas it's fine like in the demo?

Its how you play the game. If you play it like a proper test match, then you should get a decent one.

The AI sometimes hits out, and there is a run-out bug, but otherwise its a pretty solid game.

Users who are viewing this thread