Richie Benaud shares his opinion on the best batsman since Bradman

I agree with Richie. Sachin is the best Batsmen since Bradman.
He is the best cricketer as a whole in the modern era.

But dude this thread will be closed soon due to mud-slinging, I bet as all Tendulkar's thread's results are.
Why do people jealous of Tendulkar? and from them mostly .....................................

Last edited:
^ Forget it pal. Its mud-slinging only if you respond :).

And I'm sure majority of the lads here will agree that Sachin is the best batsman since Sir Donald Bradman.

I don't know what Benaud said (can't be bothered :p) but I agree with him.

With the amount of runs he has achieved in both forms, it really can't be anyone else.

You can't lock a thread (you will, moddo;p!) which has Richie's word on it.

Drop it and jog on, hypos and stereotypes, you lose in the end. Get a life, won't you? Sachin IS the greatest batsman since SDB left his bats.

:facepalm

Where the hell are people jealous of Tendulkar? Why are you all so insecure about it?

Agree. Seems the Indians get their knickers in a twist so easily. Its they who bring up the jealousy thing. Insecure indeed. I'm not why they need to feel their personal opinion validated by people on the internet, get on with your life people. :facepalm

Sachin is great, what fool would say otherwise, and what fool HAS said otherwise?

Why are you people so hell-bent on convincing us that Sachin is the best batsman since Bradman? It's getting tiring. There is no way of telling for sure. Needless to say, cricket has been around for a looooooong time.

Hardly "news" that Benaud is a fan of Sachin, he's had Sachin's digit in his mouth since way back.

Is he the best since Bradman? He is certainly a serious CONTENDER

Why are you people so hell-bent on convincing us that Sachin is the best batsman since Bradman? It's getting tiring. There is no way of telling for sure. Needless to say, cricket has been around for a looooooong time.
Agree with you. PC is getting overload of comparisons. Let the people believe what they want so no need to create a thread to convince them.

Well at least they did call someone 'greatest of the batting game' before Sachin, in Records, Luckily. Well, your point too, Cricket has been around for a long time and even before people named it Cricket, and there might be someone who was the best player of the game before the records were actually recorded.

But the points stands as to who we saw. Bradman, Richards, Border, Lara, Sachin. You name the likes. There's no way to tell who's the greatest for sure. But the Opinion of the many people Regarding Sachin as the greatest they saw is a point. And when most say, it can't be wrong.

Still, your point. But what we saw can't be wrong. :)

Aye aye capt.

Another thread closed. :)

To Indians - it's not compulsory that everyone will have to agree that Sachin is the best since Bradman. Also, there is no unanimous best ever after Bradman. They are all opinions. And I don't think most fans are jealous of him. We need not be insecure about it.

To everyone - just share you opinions on what Benaud said. Also, you need not necessarily have to agree with Benaud. You can have you own opinion and share it here. For me there are quite a few contenders for the honor of 'the best batsman after Bradman' -

1. Tendulkar
2. Sobers
3. Richards
4. Hobbs
5. Hammond
6. Hutton

** In no particular order.

Bublu Bhuyan added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Yeah, this was years ago. Of course opinions still carry weight, but it's not at all threadworthy, especially with heavy recent discussions and the occasionally poor way people deal with confliction thoughts.

If you want to discuss Tendulkar, why not post in this thread? It's obviously not just people counting to 100.
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/cricket-discussion/100-100s-countdown-7-go-58947.html

Please don't lock/close this thread. Also please don't merge it. Let it remain and independent thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread