run outs

showhimmymotto

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
im not sure what shot they played, but langer did the run out like i think he hit it a lil above the long on boundary, and soory i dont have the field cuz i have started batting now i saved it after the inning was over, u think only Lara could get out lol, cuz that would be an insult

embi

International Coach
showhimmymotto said:
im not sure what shot they played, but langer did the run out like i think he hit it a lil above the long on boundary, and soory i dont have the field cuz i have started batting now i saved it after the inning was over, u think only Lara could get out lol, cuz that would be an insult

Langer? He isn't on the scorecard you posted. Nevermind.

avd84

School Cricketer
I got Ian Bell (England) Run out yesterday. It was my first ever Run out of AI and i have this game since October 2005. So it is possible to get AI run out.

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
ive only ever got one

a west indies player ran out an england batter...cant remember the players as it was awhile ago.

i was so surprised when it happened that i almost missed the run out :p

PhilD123

International Coach
I've ran out AI once, it was Michael Vaughan. Never done it since though. He hit it into the offside and tried taking 2 runs, he got ran out on the second.

embi

International Coach
Silly Michael Vaughan :)

Its far too rare for my liking, nowhere near realism. Maybe something for future cricket games is to have one of those classic mixups where only one batsman runs and both end up at the other end...

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
For me it's not as annoying as the fact the bowler gets a confidence boost from going to the third umpire.
Quite often I'm in by yards and they shouldn't even be asking but somehow they do and get a boost from it.

SonofSlats

School Cricketer
I've had the game for a few months and have never ran the computer out.. A few times they have hesitated but got back.

Also this should go in the bug section but hey, while batting I received a no ball which I hit into the outfield and the catch was dropped and I tried to take 2 runs, the fielder threw the ball back to the keeper with me halfway down the pitch, the keeper took off the bails and nothing happened. Umpire signalled a no ball and I kept batting.

Correct me if i'm wrong but thats out?

embi

International Coach
Should be out. What were you doing trying to take two anyway? :p

Yet another bug. No game can be perfect.

but they can come damn close if they try hard enough

showhimmymotto

Club Cricketer
embi said:
Langer? He isn't on the scorecard you posted. Nevermind.

acully he is , i even outlined it, look on the score board that i put it was windies and next to lara it says runoout "Langer"

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
That's weird! I have been run out off a no-ball. I played the ball in the cover region and took off for a quick single, as it was the 5th ball of the over and my main batsman was batting with the tail nd I wanted him to keep the strike for the next over. Unfortunately, the fielder threw a bullet to the keeper and the tail-ender was run out, even though it was a no-ball. The only difference I can see is that I was run-out while taking a single, and not a double.

SonofSlats said:
I've had the game for a few months and have never ran the computer out.. A few times they have hesitated but got back.

Also this should go in the bug section but hey, while batting I received a no ball which I hit into the outfield and the catch was dropped and I tried to take 2 runs, the fielder threw the ball back to the keeper with me halfway down the pitch, the keeper took off the bails and nothing happened. Umpire signalled a no ball and I kept batting.

Correct me if i'm wrong but thats out?

embi

International Coach
alfa_beta said:
That's weird! I have been run out off a no-ball. I played the ball in the cover region and took off for a quick single, as it was the 5th ball of the over and my main batsman was batting with the tail nd I wanted him to keep the strike for the next over. Unfortunately, the fielder threw a bullet to the keeper and the tail-ender was run out, even though it was a no-ball. The only difference I can see is that I was run-out while taking a single, and not a double.

That is weird. Shouldn't have been out. Maybe the computer takes pity on only the batsman the player controls? :eek:

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
I play on PS2 by the way

embi said:
That is weird. Shouldn't have been out. Maybe the computer takes pity on only the batsman the player controls? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread