Scolari sacked by Chelsea

Lol, I was thinking about that but
Grant isn't Mourinho. Simple as. Unless he did amazing things i.e the Treble (which, theoretically, they got to the final of all three, excluding the FA Cup) he was always gonna go.

Chelsea played the same style of football but the only thing that changed is that their trophy cabinet for 2007/08 was empty. There's no loyalty in football so Grant shouldn't have expected any.

I did think he was hard done by.

My initial reaction is that you can't give a world cup winning manager 6 months, no funds and then sack him for being 7 points off the top and still in the Champions League...
However I've been reading some stuff saying that Scholari wasn't suited to club management, had lost the senior players and, let's face it, Chelsea have been dreadful all season.
On balance maybe the right decision but Chelsea are in danger of looking as ridiculous as Hearts and Romanov. No serious coach will want the job.

I saw the game between Chelsea and Hull in the weekend, and did not have a clue as to what Scolari was trying to do. They failed to turn their first half dominance into goals, and in the second half Hull took control of the game. Quaresma's substitution also made no sense.

It might not have been flashy, but I honestly believe Jose Mourinho was the best manager for Chelsea. Avram Grant did nothing new, but basically continued on Mourinho's lines, but failed to give the team the crucial "lift" for the big games. He had to go.

What the Chelsea management need to realise is that they while they have some excellent and world class players, they do not have anyone with flair (apart from maybe Quaresma if he can find his Porto form). So they if they want to play like Brazil, then they will need the right kind of players, time and patience. If they want results immediately then they will have to settle for the Mourinho style of effective football, not necessarily good to watch.

Personally, I think Chelsea need to analyse their budget, and see what is appropriate. Injuries to two key players, Drogba and Essien have hurt the team, but there are other players who can do the job, but haven't really been doing.

My pick for Chelsea manager would be Cesare Prandelli, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Steve McClaren's been spotted at Stamford Bridge!

Well read somewhere Scolari was brought in to attract Brazilian and Portuguese talent and his main target was Robinho but that failed..

Thank you for your inside knowledge that you get from Sky Sports.

I saw the game between Chelsea and Hull in the weekend, and did not have a clue as to what Scolari was trying to do. They failed to turn their first half dominance into goals, and in the second half Hull took control of the game. Quaresma's substitution also made no sense.

It might not have been flashy, but I honestly believe Jose Mourinho was the best manager for Chelsea. Avram Grant did nothing new, but basically continued on Mourinho's lines, but failed to give the team the crucial "lift" for the big games. He had to go.

What the Chelsea management need to realise is that they while they have some excellent and world class players, they do not have anyone with flair (apart from maybe Quaresma if he can find his Porto form). So they if they want to play like Brazil, then they will need the right kind of players, time and patience. If they want results immediately then they will have to settle for the Mourinho style of effective football, not necessarily good to watch.

Personally, I think Chelsea need to analyse their budget, and see what is appropriate. Injuries to two key players, Drogba and Essien have hurt the team, but there are other players who can do the job, but haven't really been doing.

My pick for Chelsea manager would be Cesare Prandelli, but I doubt that will ever happen.

I'd say Joe Cole definitely has flair.

I remember at the end of the season last year in the league Grant was going round being hugged and kissed by Chelsea fans crying with adoration (maybe because they lost the league, either way they were crying) , 1 penalty shoot out later and he's gone :D

I hope they don't get Zola. I want him to stay at West Ham, they play some fantastic football and going to Chelsea wouldn't be a good move for him.

They have no cash, a bad dressing room (can only go off what we read but they get more stories than anyone) and some overrated players. I mean Malouda, I don't want to be hars hand I feel sorry for him but this guy has the amazing ability to not touch the ball for 90 minutes. Seriously, Chelsea tend to have a way of killing all their wingers flair but come on.

They need a new manager with fresh ideas prepared to tell everyone who isn't commited to go away. I don't think Riijkard is the man, maybe they will swap managers with City, I said that would happen a few months ago.

Zola would be a knob to go to Chelsea. He's doing such a good job at West Ham; they're playing well, playing attractive football and he somehow managed to keep his best players. West Ham are a team on the up and Chelsea is too big a job for him at the moment.

For me sacking a manager after only 6 months is crazy, no matter how bad a team is apparently playing or whatever. Chelsea deserve what they hopefully will get - nothing.

The demands nowadays for instant success is ridiculous. Based on that Fergie would never have won a thing at Man U as it took him 4 years (?) to win his first trophy.

Times were different then but the premise that you need time to build a team remains the same. There are exceptions (Dalglish at Blackburn, Mourinho at Chelsea), but they are just that - exceptions

I really want Hiddink to coach. He did a wonderful job with Korea, Australia and Russia. You just have to watch a team he coaches to see a total transformation. I for one know that Australia were dreadful before Hiddink came in. Australia doing long balls all day but Australia always had the potential and now where doing something along those lines. We lost to the eventual champions Italy in the round 16 in the last minute 1-0. We played as well if not better than Brazil and outplayed Croatia.
No need to go on about Russia's success as shown in Euro's. Basically he's a fantastic coach.

I really want Hiddink to coach. He did a wonderful job with Korea, Australia and Russia. You just have to watch a team he coaches to see a total transformation. I for one know that Australia were dreadful before Hiddink came in. Australia doing long balls all day but Australia always had the potential and now where doing something along those lines. We lost to the eventual champions Italy in the round 16 in the last minute 1-0. We played as well if not better than Brazil and outplayed Croatia.
No need to go on about Russia's success as shown in Euro's. Basically he's a fantastic coach.

Hiddink's record is impressive but Scolari also had an excellent record before coming to Chelsea. But they were mainly with international teams, winning the World Cup with Brazil and taking Portugal to the Euro 2004 final, and WC 2006 semi-final.

Another thing is, while Hiddink has done well with average sides, making them compete with the big boys, whether he will be able to make the 'step up' and manage one of the big boys is yet to be seen. I remember his time as manager of Real Madrid, when he just could not handle the added pressure of managing a big club.

All said and done, he might actually do well. All I am trying to say is his record with Australia, Russia and South Korea is not enough for Chelsea.

All said and done, he might actually do well. All I am trying to say is his record with Australia, Russia and South Korea is not enough for Chelsea.

But Avram Grant's record was worse and he was 2 games from winning the EPL and European Cup

Users who are viewing this thread