Draft: Selection: Impossible

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
:aus: :bat: Jack Badcock please

ESPNCricinfo said:
Jack Badcock, who died at his birthplace, Exton, Tasmania, on December 13, 1982, aged 68, was something of an infant prodigy, making his début for Tasmania in 1929 when still under sixteen. A right-handed batsman, Badcock was sturdily built and a punishing driver. He was also a fine cutter of the ball, especially square of the wicket. He played nineteen matches for Tasmania before transferring to South Australia for whom he played until his early retirement, owing to lumbago, in 1941. He had an insatiable appetite for runs. Playing for South Australia against Victoria at Adelaide in 1936 he made 325, his highest score. He also scored 271 not out for South Australia against New South Wales in 1938-39 and 236 against Queensland in 1939-40. His highest score for Tasmania was 274 against Victoria at Launceston in 1933-34.

For such a prolific scorer in Sheffield Shield cricket Badcock had a disappointing Test record, scoring only 160 runs in twelve innings, despite making 118 against England in only his third Test, at Melbourne in 1936-37. He toured England in 1938 and enjoyed considerable success outside the Test matches, his aggregate of 1,604 runs (average 45.82) being inferior only to those of Bradman and Brown. Self-effacing and immensely popular, he scored 7,371 runs in first-class cricket at an average of 51.54 and hit 26 centuries

NMA's XI

01. :eng: :bat: Wally Hardinge
02. :saf: :bat: Jimmy Cook
03. :aus: :bat: Jack Badcock
07. :ind: :wkb: Saba Karim
08. :eng: :ar: Percy Fender
09. :saf: :bwl: Fred le Roux
10. :eng: :bwl: Derek Shackleton
11. :eng: :bwl: Douglas Carr

@Welwyn

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Turns out the electrician is coming after the plumber today, not at the same time lol

1712006692034.png

:afg: :bwl: Hamid Hassan

I was tossing up two plans, both involving picking an associate bowler and a Full Member all-rounder. In the end, I went with the warpainted Hassan, who surely must be one of the unluckiest players ever. He's probably Afghanistan's best quick ever, but he never played Tests because... they weren't a Test nation for his career. What he did was not average over 23 in any form of cricket he played, including 15 first-class games. And that completes a pretty scary pace attack.

1. :aus: :bat: Michael di Venuto
3. :aus: :bat: Jamie Siddons
4. :saf: :ar: Clive Rice
5. :ned: :ar: Ryan ten Doeschate
6. :aus: :ar: David Hussey
7. :eng: :wkb: Craig Kieswetter
9. :nzf: :bwl: Adam Milne
10. :afg: :bwl: Hamid Hassan
11. :oma: :bwl: Bilal Khan

@ahmedleo414

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
:ind: :wk: Rishabh Pant

1712043649581.png

Having missed out on the likes of Gilly and Sanga, I was in search of a reliable Keeper who can bat fiercely, and when I found out that Rishabh Pant is still available, he became my obvious choice.

Pant is just 26 and he already has a century in England, Australia and South Africa. Ofcourse his best knock being neither of these centuries but that historic Gabba knock. Plus in the whole lineup of right handed batsmen, he will be handy as a lefty. Pant slots perfectly at 6 for me.

Barakadi 11:
  1. :eng: :bat: Sir Len Hutton

2. :ind: :bat: Rahul Dravid
  3. :eng: :ar: Wally Hammond
  4. :saf: :wkb: AB de Villiers
  5. :ind: :wk: Rishabh Pant
  6. :nzf: :ar: Sir Richard Hadlee
  7. :ind: :ar: Ravichandran Ashwin

8. :eng: :bwl: Sydney Barnes
  9. :sri: :bwl: Muttiah Muralitharan
@Till Valhalla is next

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
:ind: :wk: Rishabh Pant

View attachment 292607

Having missed out on the likes of Gilly and Sanga, I was in search of a reliable Keeper who can bat fiercely, and when I found out that Rishabh Pant is still available, he became my obvious choice.

Pant is just 26 and he already has a century in England, Australia and South Africa. Ofcourse his best knock being neither of these centuries but that historic Gabba knock. Plus in the whole lineup of right handed batsmen, he will be handy as a lefty. Pant slots perfectly at 6 for me.

Barakadi 11:
  1. :eng: :bat: Sir Len Hutton

2. :ind: :bat: Rahul Dravid
  3. :eng: :ar: Wally Hammond
  4. :saf: :wkb: AB de Villiers
  5. :ind: :wk: Rishabh Pant
  6. :nzf: :ar: Sir Richard Hadlee
  7. :ind: :ar: Ravichandran Ashwin

8. :eng: :bwl: Sydney Barnes
  9. :sri: :bwl: Muttiah Muralitharan
@Till Valhalla is next

Hol’ up, you consider Sanga to be a better keeper option than AbD?

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Hol’ up, you consider Sanga to be a better keeper option than AbD?
I do

Sanga kept for almost 9 years during the initial years of his career, being the designated keeper for around 50 Tests.

AB on the other hand, was never seen as the primary keeper for the side. He did have a considerable caps as a designated keeper. But I would always prefer Sanga the keeper over ABD the keeper.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea

Bevab

Staff Member
I do

Sanga kept for almost 9 years during the initial years of his career, being the designated keeper for around 50 Tests.

AB on the other hand, was never seen as the primary keeper for the side. He did have a considerable caps as a designated keeper. But I would always prefer Sanga the keeper over ABD the keeper.

Fair enough, my question was more to do with Sanga not being as good with the bat when he kept compared to AbD who paradoxically was somehow better.

Bevab

Staff Member
I’ll go with the sole pace hope of every Indian fan during the 2000s in :ind: :bwl: Zaheer Khan. He offers me a left arm option and someone who can swing the new ball on a proper good length. Imagine what type of a record he would have if he had played in the modern, pace friendly era with other seamers for support.

@Na Maloom Afraad to pick next I believe?

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys

Users who are viewing this thread