Shoaib Akhtar to retire after World Cup

he might play domestic t20s maybe in england for 1 or 2 years.
as i feel commentating is not an option for him yet maybe 2 to 3 years.
lets wait and see i think this decision is good as if pakistan get out of world cup in quarter final then he will be safe.

End of one of the most controversial and entertaining careers. I have always enjoyed watching him bowl when he was in full flight. It will be long time before Cricket gets another bowler of his speed. I hope he gets to play big role in Pakistan's remaining WC matches. We should also keep in mind that while he was involved in lot of controversies but none of those were related to fixing.

He can definitely make a career out of commenting. He has relatively good command over English and will only get better. Plus his comments will be very highly entertaining and opinionated...

he wore his heart on his sleeve,
he wasnt a yes man to the management and involved with people like akmal, asif and he ultimately paid for it.

one of the last honest pakistani players from the last era.

Ah well he was an entertainer to say the least. :p

Was always great to watch in full steam, and hopefully he ends the world cup on a high and gets his place back in the XI

Now that Shoaib's gone who's gonna entertain us? Umar Gul? but he's not controversial and fat :p

So many great players I grew up watching are departing (Shoaib, Sachin, Ponting, Chanderpaul) :noway

^^ Yeah also Vaas, Boucher, Gibbs, Lee. Now it's all up to the new guys to take over the cricket world.

I am pretty sure that he won't be doing any Bollywood movies. If he does, then I guess the first one will be his last one.

Now that Shoaib's gone who's gonna entertain us? Umar Gul? but he's not controversial and fat :p

So many great players I grew up watching are departing (Shoaib, Sachin, Ponting, Chanderpaul) :noway

Who said anything about Sachin leaving? ;)

Not sure if I will miss him that much. This retirement after the WC was expected, but it's been ages since he was at his frightful best. Plus, sbefore his comeback last year, he had hardly played any international cricket in years.

For me, the Rawalpindi Express finally left in back in 2007.

Users who are viewing this thread